•8•

Steve POV.

Robin and I were talking about our crushes while we were working at the cash register. I was talking about how I had this huge crush on Billy, and just as I started saying how hot he was, Eddie walked into the store, and stopped at the counter "Buckley.. Harrington. Do you have any new movies?" He asked as he leaned forward on the counter. I looked at him, and put on a fake smile. "Well.. we have a movie that came out last week, it's called 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'." I said before looking at Robin. She looked at me, then nodded. "Yeah! It's a really good movie. Max watched it with her brother last Friday actually.." she said with a smile, then she walked away. I watched as Eddie went to one of the isles, and grabbed a few movies, including the new one. When he came back to the cash register, I sighed a bit "Just take them.. I'll pay for them.." I said as I took twenty-five bucks out of my wallet, and put the money in the cash register. He looked at me, smiled, then walked out of the store with the movies in a bag. I watched him walk out, and smiled softly before leaning on the counter "Robin's gonna end me if she finds out..." I said to myself as I took my lunch out of my small backpack. As I took my lunch out, Robin walked back over "Hey dingus, What did you pack this time?" She asked as she looked at the paper bag with my lunch in it.

I sighed, putting my lunch on the counter, and opening it after sitting on a stool I pulled over from the table Robin and I normally eat out lunch "A small bag of chips, BLT sandwich, a bottle of water, and some grapes.. nothing special or good." I said as I to the sandwich out of the paper bag, and started eating it. She rolled her eyes, pulling her stool over and sitting next to me as she grabbed her lunch "It's better than what I have- all I have is a bar of chocolate, a Cupri-Sun, PBJ sandwich, and an apple.." she said as she took her sandwich out of her paper bag. I rolled my eyes, chuckling softly "Whatever you say Buckley- just eat your lunch, and tell me about your crush. I already told you about mine.." I said before I started eating my sandwich.

Robin POV.

I blushed, taking a bite of my sandwich, then looking at Steve "Well um.. Vickie- she's very nice, pretty.. she's smart, and cheerful.. um.. we sorta have the same interests.. I.. really, really like her" I said, looking away from him before taking another bite of my sandwich. He looked at me, smiling. "have you ever considered asking her out?" He asked me, putting his sandwich down, and starting to spin around on his stool. I looked at him, looked away, then put my sandwich down "Actually.. yeah- I did consider asking her out.. I'm planning on doing it tomorrow." I said before picking my sandwich back up, and finishing it. He smiled at me before looking away, and finishing his sandwich as well. After we ate our lunch, I went to the bathroom while Steve talked to the customers, and stood at the cash register. After using the bathroom, I washed my hands, and dried them off. After drying them off, I went to join Steve at the cash register. Steve was counting all the money we made in dollars, while I was talking to some customers. Work wasn't as fun as I thought it would be today until Tommy came into Family Video "Hey Steve, Robin.. do you guys wanna come to a party with me after your shift?" He asked us with a smile that would make a guy fall for him. I sighed softly, looking over at Steve "I'll only go because I know you'll be drunk, and you'll need a ride home." I said as I sit down on the counter. Steve chuckles, looking at me before rolling his eyes "I don't think I'll be the one needing a ride home after the party..." He said before looking over at Tommy, who is just standing there "where's the party at? I can drive there after I change when I get home." Tommy starting thinking a for a bit.

I looked at Tommy, waiting for him to answer. He looked at his phone, then looked back at Steve "It's at that old lake I think.. I dunno, I wasn't really told where it would be. It's probably at Jason's house." He said before looking at me, then looking away. I looked at Steve, then Tommy "it's most likely at Jason's, that lake is off limits last time I checked." I said as I looked back at Steve. "Well then, wanna do something illegal?" Tommy asked as he leaned forward against the counter. I looked at Steve, He looked at me, and we both looked at Tommy. "Hell yeah! I'm in." I said, smiling brightly as I threw my fist in the air. Steve rolled his eyes before sighing softly. "Alright, fine. Me too.." He said, looking away from Tommy as he turned his attention to the cash register. With that, Tommy went back outside to his car and got in before starting the car, then driving off. Steve and I were both stuck at work for probably thirty minutes until we could finally leave. Steve was driving me home so I had to wait for him while sitting in the passenger seat. Once Steve was done with whatever he was doing, he made his way to the car, and got into the driver's side before starting the car up, then driving off to my house.