•6•

Billy POV.

Three days after being bandaged up, and taken care of by Steve, I was in the living room sitting on the couch with one of his sweaters on while watching TV. Steve was in the shower getting washed up so he could go to work in the afternoon. I heard the phone ring, and I got up off the couch to answer it. When I answered it, I could hear Max in the background talking to Susan about something. "Billy. Max told me you're staying with a friend for a few days.. do you want me to bring you some clothes? Also. Max wants to come see you if that's okay.." Neil said, leaning against the kitchen wall I assumed. I sighed slightly, looking at the time. "I'm sure Steve wouldn't care if Max came over.. and yeah, I would like some clothes. Thank you.." I said before hanging up, and going back to the living room. I heard Steve coming downstairs as I sat on the couch, and I assumed he was finished showering and he was dressed, but when he came downstairs he was wearing tight jeans short and my leather jacket with a white crop top on "did you eat breakfast yet Billy?" He asked me, going into the kitchen. I looked back, looked him up and down, then got up. "No. I was waiting for you pretty boy.." I said, walking to him before pulling him into a hug. he sighed before hugging me back, and I looked down at him for a moment. "Max is coming over.. My father is giving her a ride, and he's bringing me some clothes.." I said before letting him go and ruffling his hair a bit.

Steve POV.

I glared at him before fixing my hair and smiling a bit. "Okay. Well, I gotta go to work around one thirty-five.. So you and Max will have the house to yourselves for five hours." I said as I turned around, and turned the stove one. He looked at me with his head tilted to the side "You'll be gone from one thirty-five to five thirty-five.. leaving Max and I alone for five hours.. aren't you a little worried that something might happen while you're gone?" He asked me, confused about why I looked so unworried and confident. I laughed at this and sighed slightly "Oh hunny.. why would I have to worry? I know you two wouldn't do anything. Even if you did.. it wouldn't be anything bad." I said with confidence as I heard a car pull up. Billy just grumbled and went back to the living room. "it might be my father.. he doesn't need to know that I'm.. injured or anything.. so. Keep your mouth shut.." he said before sitting on the couch and staring at the TV. I just sighed, then went to the door as someone knocked. I opened the door after a few seconds, then looked at Max "Hey pipsqueak.. come inside- Billy's in the living room.." I said, getting out of her way, and looking at Neil. Seeing Billy's dad made me feel like there was a reason for Billy not to want him to say anything about the injuries "Heyyyy, you must be Mr. Hargrove. Um.. come on in, and uh.. set Billy's clothes beside the couch." I said with a forced smile as I got out of his way.

Neil POV.

I walked into the house, looking around before going to the living room and setting the bag down beside the couch. I looked over at Billy, and noticed the bandages on his arms, and his leg "Billy.. what happened to you?" I asked him, causing him to tense up. He gulped slightly, clenching his fists "nothing.. I'm.. I-I'm fine. Nothing happened to me.. just go.." he said, not looking at me. I sighed, then walked away. Billy just sat on the couch and avoided me. I shook my head, then left the house, getting in my car, and driving off. As I drove home, I turned on some music and relaxed into my seat.

Eddie POV.

I was sitting in my trailer with Dustin talking about what happened in the upside-down. He was sitting on the couch while I was on the floor drinking chocolate milk. "Billy's gonna be okay.. Jason said he's coming over so he can talk to you." Dustin said as he turned the TV on. I looked at him, rolled my eyes before putting my chocolate milk down "I know Billy's gonna be okay... But why would Jason wanna talk to me? I'm a freak, Dustin." I said, Dustin shaking his head, and sighing slightly. Dustin looked me in the eye. "you're not a freak, Eddie. Okay? You're not. So stop saying you are.." he said, placing a hand on my shoulder. I smiled slightly, laughing a little. "Whatever you say Henderson.. I think you should go home. I'm gonna go to bed anyways.. so I'll see you tomorrow.." I said, getting up off the floor and ruffling his hair. He groaned and whined. "But you said we could watch The Labyrinth tonight.." he said, pouting as I pushed him to the door. I huffed softly, shaking my head. "No Dustin. We can watch it tomorrow.. I promise." I said, opening the door for him. He nodded, walked out of my trailer, and got onto his bike before riding off.

Jason POV.

I started driving to Eddie's with Chrissy in the passenger seat. "When we get to Eddie's.. I need you to stay in the living.. okay? He and I need to talk in private." I said as I got to his trailer and parked my car. We both got out of my car, I went up to the porch, and knocked on the door. "Eddie! Open up. It's me.. Jason.." I said, Chrissy holding my hand as I started shaking. I heard Eddie's footsteps come closer to the front door, and I squeezed Chrissy's hand a little as Eddie opened the door. "come on in, and uh.. make yourself at home.." he said, getting out of the way so I can walk inside. Chrissy walked inside before me, pulling me in with her, still holding my hand. I stayed close to her, before letting go of her hand, and sitting on the couch. "Chrissy.. go to Eddie's room please... I need to be alone with him for right now." I said, fiddling with my fingers while looking down at the floor. She sighed softly, then walks to Eddie's room, leaving him and I alone in the living room.

I looked at Eddie, patted beside me, and let my leg bounce a little. He sat down beside me, I quickly hugged him, and clung to him while starting to cry. "I-I'm... Sorry.. I'm so sorry...." I said, with him hugging me back, and holding me. He sighed, rubbed my back, and played with my hair. "It's okay Jason... You don't need to apologize... Everything's okay now..." He said, wiping my tears as I looked at him. After a bit I just sat there sniffling while looking at Eddie. "But..I-I feel like I do. I didn't know.. I-If I would've known I-.." Eddie stopped me before I could finish my sentence. "I know. It's fine, It's in the past so just stop. You really don't need to apologize.. I get it. Your parents treated you like shit.. that's why you chose to bully me." He told me before getting up off the couch, and crossing his arms. I looked up at him before looking away, and sighing a bit as I got up. "Alright.. That's um. That's all I wanted to say.. so I'll just. I'll get out of your hair, and take Chrissy home.. Have a nice night Eddie." I said before walking towards the door only a few seconds after calling for Chrissy, then opening the door for her so she can get to the car. Once we both got out, I closed the door, and made my way to the car before getting to the driver's side, opening the door, getting in and starting the car just as Chrissy got in. Then we both closed the car doors before I backed out, and drove off to Chrissy's house.