•7•

Billy POV.

Max and I were sitting on the couch while Steve was in the kitchen trying to find his keys. I sighed slightly as I looked down at the bandages "Hey Steve! I think we need to change the bandages again... They're covered in blood." I said, and Max looked at me with a concerned look on her face. Steve sighed and walked into the living room rolling his eyes, then he looked at me "come on. Let's go to the bathroom.. I'll change the bandages.. then you rest while I take Max to the mall, then I'm going to work." He said while I get up off the couch. We both started walking upstairs to the bathroom while Max was sitting on the couch "Let Max stay here... She wants to spend time with me Stevie.." I said as I sat on the lid of the toilet. Steve sighed, taking the old, bloody, bandage wraps off my wounds before wrapping new ones on them "fine.. but she's gotta go home before I get home from work.." He said after finishing up, wrapping my wounds. I sighed slightly, looked up at Steve for a moment. "Steve.. listen. We'll have our alone time.. I promise. I'll take Max home an hour before you get home from work.." I said, smiling softly while Steve got up, then walked out of the bathroom. I got up after Steve left for work, then I went back downstairs to Max "What do you wanna do now that he's gone?" I asked as I sat down on the couch. She looked at the pool, then back at me "can we have a pool party? Please billyyyyyy.." she said with her little puppy dog eyes she gives me. I couldn't resist them, so I sighed "fine. But only because I love you little sis.." I said before giving handing her the house phone. She gave me a hug before calling her friends on the phone. I walked out of the living room to give her some privacy, and went to the kitchen to make some lunch.

Max POV.

While Billy was making lunch, I was calling the gang, telling them to come over and Steve's house for a pool party. They all hung up quickly, and I quickly ran upstairs to the spare room, so I could get my bathing suit. As I found my bathing suit, I heard Billy coming upstairs "You're friends uh.. El and Will are here." He said, standing at the doorway for a moment before going to the bathroom to get towels for El and I, since Will forgot to grab one for El when he was getting ready. I shut the door so I could change into my bathing suit in private. After changing, I opened the door and ran downstairs, immediately giving El a hug when I made it to the living room. Will joined the hug after a bit. "Mike said he's coming soon, Luke and Dustin are with him right now.." he said after pulling away from the hug. I smile slightly before letting go of El "okay.. Billy's upstairs, and the back door that leads to the pool should be unlocked." I said before going to the kitchen to get myself some lunch. El follows me, getting herself lunch "how.. is Billy? Is he.. okay?" She asks, making herself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I looked at her and smiled a little "he's doing okay now El.. he seems to be recovering a little fast.." I said before I finish making my food.

I went to sit at the kitchen table, and started eating my food while Will helped El make a PBJ. Billy came downstairs wearing his swim-trunks "Hey Max! Have you seen my necklace? I can't find it.." he said as he continued to search for it. I looked at him, a little concerned "No.. don't tell me you lost it again, won't Neil be mad if he finds out?" I asked him with a worried look. He sighed softly before turning to me. "Maybe. But I don't care about how Neil would feel, it's my necklace. Not his.." He said before walking into the kitchen, and getting himself some lunch. I rolled my eyes before crossing my arms. "whatever you say.. it's probably somewhere in the living room. I remember you taking it off and setting it somewhere in there.." I said before I started eating my food. He nodded, then sat down after getting his food "I'll look later.. when are your other friends gonna be here?" He asked me before taking a bite out of his food. I look at him, then sigh "They'll be here soon.. Nancy is driving them here.." I said, putting my Turkey sandwich down, and looking at the time.

Mike POV.

As we finally got to Steve's house, I got out of the car, and ran to the front door with Dustin and Lucas following behind me. Nancy drove off, leaving us there on our own as I knocked on the door. I heard footsteps come close to the door, and I watched as it opens, only to see Billy "You guys took long enough. Come on inside.. the others are eating lunch." He said, Moving out of the way. I walked inside, Dustin and Lucas behind me "What're you still doing here..?" I asked Billy, looking at him. He closed the door, and looked at me "I'm watching you guys while Steve is at work. Why are you asking?" He asked as we walked into the kitchen. I sat down at the kitchen table "I wasn't expecting to see you here.. I figured you'd leave.." I said as I put my bag down. Lucas wacked me in the back of the head "He was told to stay here until he healed you idiot." He said before going out to the back. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, then Dustin sighed. "I'm gonna go for a swim.. anyone wanna join?" He asked as he grabbed his towel. I looked at him, then at the others. El got up and grabbed the towel max gave her "I'll join.. Max, do you wanna go swimming now?" She asked, but before Max could answer, El began to drag her outside.

I looked over at will after picking up my towel "are you gonna come swim, or are you gonna stay in here?" I asked him as I got up from the table. He grabbed his towel, then looked at me "I'll come swim.. I don't wanna stay here, basically by myself..." He said, getting up from his chair before both him and I headed out back with the others. We all jumped in the pool while we had our bathing suits on, and I started slashing around with Will, while Max and El were swimming around. I looked into Will's eyes for a moment before looking away, and our hands touched for a brief second. I grabbed his hand again, then looked at him. "Will, um.. do you wanna stay with me at my house tonight?" I asked him as he looked at me. He blushed a little and smiled "Of course I would, but I don't have any extra clothes..." He said with a frown. I smiled softly, letting go of his hand "you can borrow my clothes.. I don't mind." I said before getting out of the pool to dry off. I didn't like staying in the pool for too long, it was boring. As I got out, the others just splashed around while I dried off, sat in a chair, and watched Will swim around.