Prologue

Azura jumps down from the Ice castle with hecate in her Arms. ":Thanks for saving me, Azura. Maybe you're not so bad after all." hecate said as Azura set her down. "You're not so bad yourself." Azura replied with a wink after taking down her mask. Hecate looked away hiding her visible red face. "W-we should get out of here before the Ice queen finds us". "Yeah you're right, hop on." Azura said as she patted the end of her broomstick. Hecate Sat down and wrapped her arms around Azura's waist. The broom shot up and took the two into the air-

Luz jumped and closed her book when she heard the door open. Her mom and the principal came in. The principal sat down behind his red oak desk as Luz's mom sat in the chair next to hers. "So Your mother Camilla and I have spoken, and If you mess up one more time I will have to temporarily transfer you to another school."

"what?! But none of the other schools will accept me!" Luz exclaimed. "Mija, calm down Me and Principal bump know that you can do it." Camilla said in a reassuring tone. Principal Bump pulled a pamphlet from out of his desk drawer and laid it in front of Luz. She looked skeptically at it but then picked it up and read aloud. "Graves Field High school, home of the Otters? W-what is this?! I never heard of a place like this anywhere on the Boiling Isles?." Camilla put a hand on Luz's shoulder. "That's because it's not mija, It's in the human realm."

"What?! But I heard humans hate witches and will burn them alive!!. "Have you been talking to Philip again? That man is a swindler and a thief, you shouldn't believe a word he says." Camilla protested. Principal bump got up and stared ominously out the window, as Luz argued with her mom.

"You know luz you have always been one of my favorite and most bright students, but you have this way of endangering those around you, I mean do you remember the last three reasons you were called here. Making a potion That accidentally set the school on fire, turning your teacher into a dragon, who set the school on fire, and teaching students glyphs that they used to set the school on fire. I mean you shouldn't worry about humans burning people alive, you do that all on your own."

Camilla glared at principal Bump making him sit back down."Sorry Camilla but, it's the truth, the only reason she wasn't told this sooner was because I got fire insurance after she set her first grade teacher on fire." Camilla backed down but Luz wasn't done yet.

She stood up on her chair and put her foot on the desk "Don't worry principal Bump I won't let you down. no more weirdness, or fire!" At that moment Luz fell out of her chair activating an Ice glyph in her pocket that hit a light bulb, setting fire to the oak desk.

Luz got up and looked nervously at her principal's unfazed expression "That doesn't count right?".