Ch 26: Showtime

I'm not even going to explain why this took forever to update TvT

Just enjoy the chapter. 

~~~~~~

'When we got outside everyone was stunned by our project. To be honest I was too. I still can't believe me and Luz finished this in a week. Well, It was mostly Luz but still. I do wonder how she got all these parts. When I confronted her she winked and said "Magic." She is such a dork. Yet, I can't help but fall harder because of it.'

"You ready to Ace this project Am's?" Luz asked me. I nodded and began presenting to our eager classmates. "Hello everyone, I am Amity, and this is my partner Luz." Luz waved then continued. "Our project was to make a model rocket. If you look up you can see it is a small model of the real ones in your- er our world." "That's small? Your project doesn't even fit into the classroom!" Matthalomule stated.

'I mean he's not wrong. The rocket is way bigger than I thought it would be.' I glanced at our project that stood a few feet taller than us, but then focused back on the crowd. "We wanted to make sure it looked exactly like a real rocket so I sketched out the design, Luz gathered the parts, and we spent 3 days building it and 1 day painting it...

(Time skip because I am too lazy to make an actual presentation)

"And that's all. Any questions?"

Everyone raised their hands in excitement. Me and Luz took turns until Bria's turn. "If you guys are so amazing then how come it doesn't fly like a real rocket?" "Um, like we said in the beginning. It is just a model."

"Yeah but if it were a real model it would be able to fly. You always act like you're so much smarter than us Amity, but if you were you would have actually made it functional. Honestly you're just a wannabe who believes a dumb over sized toy will get you anywhere in life." Bria's friends started to agree with her, and the audience's atmosphere started to shift into disappointment.

"Um..." I didn't know how to respond. 'I thought our project was good, is it really that bad? If I fail, what will my parents think? I must be pretty pathetic if I thought this was worth anything. Who am I kidding Bria's right.' I felt my eyes start to well up. But then someone put their hand on my shoulder. It was Luz.

She smiled and stepped in front of me. She seemed to mouth 'I got this, don't worry.' "Well, Bria. If you're so smart, then you would know model's don't have the same functions as the actual thing. That's why it's called a model" Some of her friends giggled at her but she glared at them to shut up. "But because me and Amity are so amazing we saw this coming and added the same features anyway."

Luz walked to the back of the rocket. I saw a glow and then suddenly the ground started rumbling. Luz grabbed my hand and pulled me away.

At that moment our rocket started to lift off the ground. Everyone fought against the wind and smoke from the booster jets. Then suddenly it launched into the air 20 ft above the school until the boosters stopped and a parachute opened up. It safely gilded back down and perfectly landed in its original position.

Luz, still holding my hand, pulled me back over to the rocket and bowed. I looked at the crowd, even more shocked than before. Bria's jaw was nearly touching the floor. I felt a tug on my hand and looked at Luz who motioned for me to bow. "O-oh right."

A slow clap came from the back of the crowd until everyone was cheering. And applauding us. "My, my, students. I have never seen a project like that, in all my years of teaching. That was wonderful. Would you like me to send this over to the Science Academy. They are always looking for new prodigies, and I was already thinking of sending Amity's previous works over there, but this is beyond anything I could have ever imagined."

I was about to say yes but Luz's expression looked terrified, a look I would never have wanted to see across her usually joyful features. "We'll think about it." The teacher nodded and led the students back into the class.

~~~~~

I can't believe Owl House is over T^T. It's been more than a month. I literally can not stop singing Its over isn't it, from Steven Universe. But Alas it the end of an era, a really good era if I might add. Maybe Disney will make another great show, but I'm skeptical to see it beat something like Gravityfalls, Amphibia, or the Owl house. 

Have a good day or night (depends when you read this), and put in the comments what your fav part of the last ep was, or your fav episode of the entire show.

Thanks for reading, BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

🐺