Ch: 17 Blight Manor

🐺yooooo, what's up everybody! Writer's block is no joke 😭. I feel like I'm in an up hill battle every time I try to write another chapter, but that's life. Whatever just enjoy and have a good day :)

Luz pov:

'It's okay Luz, you can do this!'. I knocked on the huge door of the blight manor. Yelling could be heard from inside, then a few crashes, before the door swung open. "Oh, so your Mittens little girl friend we heard so much about."

"What!?" My face reddened as I gaucked at the two twins. The girl spoke this time "Oh, she's also golden boys little sister!" The boy smirked "Well isn't that interesting".

"Ed, Em, leave her alone!". Amity came running down the stairs and pushed her siblings out of the way. "Aww we were just getting to know our future sister in l-"Amity wacked them in the head and dragged me up stairs before they could continue.

Amity closed her door and let go of my wrist. "Sorry about that. They get excited when I bring someone new over." I blinked dubfounedly. 'She seems to be  more calm than yesterday'.

"Oh, um... it's fine I know how crazy siblings can be". I chuckled. She smiled warmly at me. Her golden eyes glowed brightly in the sunbeam.

Amity walked over to her bed and picked up her science book. "Okay let's start the project before they try to lock me in a bathroom again". "What?" "Yeah before you got here they locked me in the bathroom before I could answer the door."

I laughed nervously and opened the book.

Time skip-----------------------------------------

I put my things back in my backpack.
"Wow, that was a lot quicker than I thought it be" Amity said. "That's because you have such an awsome partner". I said with a smirk. "Yeah right, more like you had an amazing partner". She said While posing like a hero. I shook my head "Definitely". We both laughed. 'This is fun'. I thought.

"Hey if you don't mind, maybe I could stay a little longer so we can hang out some more?" I scratched the back of my head and stared into her golden eyes.

She didn't move just sat their with a shocked expression. "You know what never mind you probably have other stuff to do, I'll get out of your hair."

I grabbed my back pack, but before I could turn the door handle she grabbed my hand. "No wait!" I turned around to see Amity on the brink of tears.

"Amity, what's wrong?". I threw off my back pack and knelt down.  "I'm fine, just didn't expect someone who I was so mean to would want to be friends."

I sighed and squeezed her had. "Maybe that's because I know it's just an act". She froze again before hugging me.

We sat like that for a while then began talking about Azura and our hobbies. We found out we had a lot more in common than we thought. Though I didn't tell her everything, especially the witch thing.

Still I never wanted the moment to end. But unfortunately I can't always get what I want. "Amity blight where are you! You are supposed to be on your way to the rugby game!"

Amitys small smile turned to a panicking frown. "Shoot! What time is it." She checked her phone. It read 6:00. "We were talking for to long!". "Yeah I can't belive I've been here for 7 hours".

"Luz, listen. My parents can't find out you were here. I'm not aloud to have friends over that aren't their choice." Amity paced around thinking of a way to sneak me out.

I peaked out the door to see two people waiting in the corridor. The Woman wore a purple and white suit. While the Man wore a Brown and purple one with an apron and goggles." The woman's eyes looked of pure evil, but her husband's had more of an innocent stare. His hair was brown. While hers was green. They looked like complete opposites.

Amity pulled me back. "Luz come here". I stared at the rope in her hands. "I have to climb out the window!" I wisper yelled. "You got a better idea! If my parents find you we are both dead!". I hesitantly tied the rope around my waste and decended down the wall.

I was halfway down the wall. That's when the rope started to tear. "Luz hurry this rope is not gonna hold for long." I started to rush but that just put more strain on the rope, before...

It snapped.