Ch 13: Head of the student council

The bell was 15 minutes from ringing, so I collected my bags and books, to read for my free period. As I was leaving my class principal Hal's voice echoed over the intercom speakers. "Amity, Edric, Emira Blight, and Amber Locks. Please report to my office now." I rolled my eyes, and started making my way to the office.

I opened the door to see everyone here. Amber spoke first. "So why are we here?" Principal Hal cleared his voice, before answering. "Have you heard about the new students". We all nodded. "Good, because you have to give them a tour."

"What?!" We screamed at once. "You all have free periods right now, and you are part of the student council. It's your job to give new students a tour." Emira turned to us then back to the principal. "Aren't all freshmen new? What makes them any different?".

Principal Hal stood up and handed us each a picture of one of the new students. "Because, they are also new to town so they missed the summer tour. Now go, each of you have the room number of the kid on your paper, and their names."

We each left and went down three different halls. I made my way to classroom #801. As I turned the handle, the bell rang. Each kid jumped from their seats and ran out the door. Being late to class gets you detention. I thought I looked through the sea of school kids, thinking 'dang it, she probably slipped out when I was distracted. Makes sense, I wouldn't want to see the kid who made fun of me'.

I was about to leave when I noticed someone still in the class. 'It's her! And she's reading The Good Witch Azura.' My heart started to race again. But why? Was I scared of her? 'No, I shouldn't be scared. she should be scared of me!'. I finally found the courage to walk up to her and tapped on her desk.

She looked up at me with her bright hazel eyes. They shone like the sun, lighting up the entire room. I could just stare at them all da- "Uuuuummmm…can I help you?" I snapped out of my trance, and hid my embarrassment. "No, unfortunately I have to give you a tour of this stupid school." "What why!?" Those words cut through to me like a dagger. 'Of course she hates me. Well I guess nothing changed.' "Because I'm head of the student council and you're the new kid."

She seemed to be uncomfortable the more our conversation went on. " What about my cou- er my siblings?". I tried to rush, so she wouldn't have to deal with me for too long. " They are being dragged around by my foolish siblings, and the Vice president. So let's go before I get angry." She quickly put her book away and followed me out the door.

'This is going to be a long day.'