Ch 27: I can be a little much

"We'll think about it."

Luz pulled away from me "What, why did you say that? You seemed really excited about it, Amity." "Yeah, but you didn't. Is everything alright?" Luz seemed really Nervous. "I-I was told not to stand out and adding that part to the rocket was a stupid idea." Her expression turned to sorrow, as her eyes started to glisten. That's when something tugged at me and I reached back for Luz's hand. And pulled her into a hug. 

"Luz you are the most weird, unique, creative, and remarkable person I have ever met. Of course you're going to stand out. But that's what makes you better, and it's one of the reasons I admire you." Luz was now a sobbing mess, soaking my shoulder. 

'I don't understand why she is so upset about this, but I want to comfort her nonetheless. Besides... This reminds me of the horror I have to face every time I go home.'

Luz finally gathered the breath to speak again. "B-But if I stand out I could get people hurt." 

"Then we will protect them." 

Luz pulled her head up and wiped her wet face. "Really." "Luz, you just protected me a few minutes ago by standing up for me when I felt hopeless. But that's what you are, someone who makes things right and doesn't take no for an answer." "Maybe, but what about the project? I want to submit it, but I can't have it fly or-" 

"Luz!" "Y-yes!" I took a deep breath. "Repeat after me. We can fix this together." Luz stopped panicking and gave me a half smile before murmuring. "Ok, we can fix this together." "Ha, see; there's the Luz I know and Love." I chuckled. 

We both froze, we stared into eachothers eyes, both speechless. Our faces were so close, yet too far. We were still in a hug-like stance. I wanted to pull her closer but instead I let go. Regret flowed through my body.

"We should head back to class." "Um-Yeah, I guess you're right, Am's. but... Thank you. I can be a little much sometimes." She smiled and wiped her drying tears away.

"It's fine." I said before shifting to a whisper and leaning close to her ear. "I can be a little much too." We both giggled and walked back into class. 

The bell rang. "Well I'll see you tomorrow Amity." "Yeah, see ya." 

I walked to the limo as twins were calling me over. I was about to get in when I looked back at Luz. She was getting into her car. She suddenly stopped as she spotted me and waved goodbye. I felt my Heart skip a beat.

 "Oooh, looks like Mittens is Smitten." My siblings cooed. I pushed them over and got in the Limo. I wanted to deny it, but... I could feel my face was completely flushed.

*************

Hey, everyone I wanted to say thank you for reading and I hope you all have a good day. Some days can be really crappy. I go through them all the time, just remember it's okay to talk about it. And it's okay to be sad,  and I know talking about how we feel makes us uncomfortable but once you try it, you relize it takes a heavy weight off your shoulders and you realize your not alone. Everyone is going through somthing too so be kind to others, even if they seem like jerks or push your buttons. They could just be hurting too. My cousin didn't feel like he could tell anyone or anyone would understand what he was going through...and we lost him because of it. So please if your not feeling well you don't have to shout your problems to the world, but atleast find someone you can trust and who will listen, because we can't do everything on our own. Thanks for reading, and remember...no matter who you are you are not worthless, but Amazing. Besides your worth somthing to me for reading my stories. Okay for real this time Byeeeeee! 🐺

IN LOVEING MEMORY WE WILL MISS YOU ZACH.