Ch 4: Home is where the host is

We were in the strange metal box for ten minutes before arriving at our new home. I was anxious to feel the calming rain on Me once more. But before I could open the door the driver beats me to it. I thank him and hop out.

I notice his appearance is rather strange for he is shorter than me with red hair tied back in a messy ponytail, and round ears. He looks like he just got out of a bones burrow brawl fight, but the strangest thing is he has had a bowtie on that didn't match his outfit at all. He bowed then closed the door after we all got out.

I frowned when I noticed it stopped raining. But I was surprised by the beautiful night sky filled with new constellations.  Our driver clicked a button on a small remote attached to a few keys. The vehicle suddenly starts to drive itself into a metal room. The second the car enters a huge metal door closes behind it.

I asked what that was about and Eda said it was autopilot taking the car into the garage. Like she thought I would understand what that meant. The driver led us to the front door and knocked in a pattern. The door soon opened, with a metal man there to greet us. 'Is everything here made of metal?!'. I thought.

We stepped into the House. There were beautiful paintings along the violet walls. The stairs led up to the second floor railing. And there looking down from the magenta railing was our host. He had dark purple hair put up in a man bun. His green eyes seemed to glow against his dark skin. He wore a pink cape and pants with a black shirt, white gloves and boots. He looked like one of those  rich guys on the shows I used to watch.

Luckily he was as nice as he was good-looking. "Hello, my name is Darius Quill. Welcome to your new home! I see you have already met your other host, Eber Wolf ''. We looked at the driver who let us in, and he gave a small bow then went into another room. Me Hunter and Vee introduced ourselves. Darius continued''Well now that we're all familiar will you follow me to your rooms?" Our faces lit up at the thought of our new rooms. My cousins and I ran up the stairs and followed Darius.

Eda and Lilith followed with less enthusiasm. Darius showed us to the first room. It had a bunk bed on one side and a twin bed on the other. A closet inbetween them.  On the other side of the room there were three desks next to a window, and a dog bed with Kings name on it. Me and Vee jumped to the bunk beds. We fought over who got top bunk but she won because she was younger bye 8 months.

Hunter sat on the twin bed laughing at our fight. "You kids are so funny", But started laughing harder when we ambushed him with a tickle fight. King was not impressed and went over to his 'bed' and fell asleep.

After we unpacked we headed to see what The Clawthornes room looked like. It was quite impressive with two queen sized beds. A walk in closet, and a bird house for hooty, that connects to the backpack. Darius called from down stairs. "Time for dinner!".

We raced down stairs but all tried when we saw the feast of human food that lay in front of us. "Is this really for us!?". Hunter exclaimed. Eber nodded then gestured for us to sit down. We said grace then dug in to the buffet of food. "So I see you finally accepted our invitation Eda." Darius chirped. Eda rolled her eyes and ignored his question. "So how did you get these room ready in the matter of an hour?". "Eda, always eager to change the subject.

If you really must know we take in foster kids, so we are usually ready for who ever needs to stay." Eda wasn't satisfied but decides to stay quite. "Are you kids liking it here?" Darius asked. We all nodded, food escaping from our stuffed mouths. Darius smiled "well I'm glad, I hope you like your time here." We all smiled back… We thanked Eber for the food and headed up to our rooms.

Darius stopped us half way. "Hey kids don't forget your uniforms." We looked to each other confused. "What do you mean uniforms?". Vee asked. "Well you can't go to school on Monday with out them." Darius replied with a chuckle. "School!".

We all exclaim as we run and hug Darius. "Of course, you did come here for school after all". We all laughed and grabbed our new uniforms. We got ready and went to bed. My cousins went out like a light the second they made contact with there pillows. But I couldn’t sleep I was too excited for my new life. Thoughts raced through my brain of how the first day would go, and how it was funny that I was excited about school, and humans now. but soon my brain slowed down as I drifted off to sleep, with one thought in my mind. "I can't wait to see what happens next".