Ch: 6 Friend

My cousins had shocked looks on their faces. But I couldn’t figure out why. "What is there something on my face?". I finally asked. Hunter and Vee snapped out of their trances before Vee spoke up. "Luz, I think we need to have a talk about your version of nice".

I shrugged them off. "Usually people would push me down if I bumped into them, but she just helped me pick up my stuff. No one's ever done that before. So yes that was nice." "Wow, that's sad." Hunter said before ducking from Vee slap. I laughed and started walking to the entrance. "Whatever, let's just try and find our classes."

The inside was similar to Hexside except the lockers didn't eat you and the bells didn't watch you.(I was glad for that). Three halls were in our path. Vee headed down the first, and Hunter headed down the third. My class seemed to be down the second. After walking for a while I arrived at room #798.

I checked the paper to see if I was close. "Ah come on! Room #108! Great, now I'm gonna be late! Maybe I can make it if I run". I was ready to start heading back then I heard a sniffle stop me. It sounded like it was coming from the bathroom.

I slowly opened the door to find a girl crying on the floor. She had navy blue hair and oval black rimmed glasses. But they were on the floor because she was wiping her tears. "Hey are you okay?" I ask. She jumps up and puts on her glasses. "Oh, uh yeah sorry I'll leave, so you can go."

"Wait, no I was just in here to check if you were alright". She tilted her head with a puzzled look"Is this some kind of joke?" . " No, no, not at all. But if it's okay would you like to talk about it?".

She backs away, hesitant to speak. "You can trust me, I might be able to help." She then gave in, and told me about how some kids were bullng her for not being able to do the homework. "What's the homework about? Maybe I can help you."

She took a paper out of her back pack and handed it to me. 'Write a poem about you favorite season'. "I tried writing about spring but I couldn’t come up with anything. I'm not much of a writer." "Lucky for you I am!"

I spent the next few minutes helping her come up with a poem, she liked. "Thank you, so much!… uh?". "Luz, Luz Noceda." "Well thank you Luz, I'm Willow Park." She chirped, shaking my hand. "Sense your new, do you want to sit with me at lunch?".

"Heck yeah! But how do you know I'm new, isn't everyone." She chuckled " This is a small town, so when someone new comes everyone knows about it."

I walked out of the bathroom, but gasp when I realized the the other students walking to their classrooms. "Oh no! I'm gonna be late!" "Let me see your room number." Willow suggested. I handed her the paper and watched her flip it over. "You had it upside down. Your room is over there." She pointed down the hall to room #801.

"Oh thank titan! Thanks Willow I'll see you later!". I yelled as I sprinted to my class. I made it just in time and quickly found a seat. I couldn't help but smile as I thought about Lunch. 'A New Friend'...