5

The bell rang and we all walked out of the building. I walked with Gwenny as we tried to find Robin and Finn. We ended up seeing them across the street from the school talking. Robin looked stressed out.

"I'll let you walk home with him without me and Finny. That way you can kiss him." Gwenny said in a whisper as we crossed the street.

"As if." I said.

"Finny are you ready to go?" Gwenny said, whining and pulling on his arm.

"Yeah we can go. I'll see you guys tomorrow." Finn said as they walked away. Me and Robin stood for a second.

"What is it?" I asked. He looked at me confused.

"Why are you upset?" I simplified.

"I'm not anymore." He said with a smile. He motioned to the street and we both started to walk home.

"Hey I was thinking," Robin started to fidget with his hands which was something I've never seen him do before.

"Do you wanna stop by the store with me before you go home? I've gotta get some stuff for dinner." He said. I smiled and nodded. Robin was really responsible when it came to his dad. We took a detour and made a stop by the store. He held the door open for me and I walked in. I followed as he walked down a couple aisles and grabbed a couple things.

We turned into another aisle and I ran into Robin since he stopped so suddenly in front of me. He put his arm out and backed me out of the aisle. As we were about to walk away, someone called out robins name. He closed his eyes in defeat and turned around.

There were three boys standing, smirking at Robin. They were all much bigger than him and I could tell they weren't friends. Robin had a death grip on my hand which made me nervous.

"Robin. Looks like you found another beaner." One of the boys said.

"Don't call her that you pedazo de mierda." Robin said, glaring up at the boy. He pushed Robin which caused him to back into me and let go of my hand. He pushed the boy back and stood his ground.

"Wanna do that again Arellano?" He asked. Robin didn't move. I stood and watched in anticipation. The boy looked over Robins shoulder and at me.

"I'll see you in bed tonight baby." He said, winking at me. I made a disgusted face and Robin had grabbed onto me again.

"No you won't." Robin pushed past him and we went to the cashier so we could check out. Robin didn't grab much and I'm sure he wasn't done shopping but he definitely didn't want to stay. He paid for the small amount of food he had grabbed and took my hand to leave. For half the walk, he was looking over his shoulder and held onto me.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Moose. He's a fucking prick. Don't worry about him." He said, clearly bothered about what Moose had said.

"Then why are you?"

"Because he can't talk to you like that. It's disgusting." His grip on my hand tightened and I walked closer to him. Once we got to his house, he stopped before walking up to the door.

"Do you wanna stay for dinner? I know it's last minute and I get if you need to get home." He asked nervously.

"I'd love to." I said with a smile.

"Oh uh, just to warn you, I've never actually brought anyone home before so my dad might be a little-"

"It's okay Robin. I'm excited." He smiled slightly and took a deep breath, walking up to the door. He opened it and waited for me to walk in. I stepped inside and looked around. It was really clean and organized. There was a picture on the wall of Robin standing with his mom and dad. He was really little in the picture, maybe 5 or 6. Looking at the picture made me realize Robin didn't talk about his mom at all.

"Robin did you-" a man came walking into the room. He paused and looked at me when he noticed I was in the room.

"Get the food? Yes papa. Or uh, some of it I guess." Robin said, setting down the brown paper bag of food on the counter. Robins dad walked over to me and held out his hand.

"I'm Ricardo Arellano, Nice to meet you...?" He said eagerly. I smiled at his willingness to make a good impression.

"Alina Rodriguez. Lovely to meet you."

"I didn't know you were bringing company mi hijo." He said. Robin took out the food from the bag and set it on the kitchen counter.

"I didn't either papa. I thought you'd wanna meet her." He said. His dad wanted to meet me, which meant he'd been talking to his dad about me. The thought made my heart skip.

"Welcome to our home. Make yourself comfortable, dinner will be ready in half an hour." He said kindly. Robins dad looked so tough but was very soft spoken and polite. I can see the resemblance. Robin walked over to me and took me to his room. He closed the door and pulled out his record player. I sat down on the edge of his bed and watched.

"You like music?" He asked sweetly. I nodded and music started to play. He reached out his hand for me and I took it. He pulled me up and spun me around. I started to laugh at how stupid I felt. I didn't know how to dance and clearly Robin didn't either. While dancing around the room with robin, it came to mind that I was happiest when I was with robin. Even small, meaningless moments like this made me forget everything that was happening at home and at school or even what happened at the store not even 10 minutes ago. I hadn't seen my best self before but somehow, Robin found a way to find it.