30

'𝖲𝗎𝖻𝗍𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍 𝟥 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝗌𝗂𝖽𝖾𝗌. 𝖭𝗈𝗐 𝟤𝖷=𝟣𝟢. 𝖦𝖾𝗍 𝖷 𝖻𝗒 𝗂𝗍𝗌𝖾𝗅𝖿 𝖻𝗒 𝖽𝗂𝗏𝗂𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀. 𝖷=𝟧 :)'

'what does that mean'

'𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝗮𝗿𝗱'

'i cant see, too far'

'𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗺𝗮𝘆𝗯𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿:)'

'no then I cant sit next 2 u'

I looked over at robin and rolled my eyes.

'𝗜 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘁'

'i dont'

I looked over at him and smiled. I took his notebook and started writing down the answer to the equation. I wrote down step by step how to solve it and then gave it back to him. He passed me another note.

'ur the best'

'<3'

I know Robin had a difficult time with school. He's smart, he just gets confused a lot. I also knew Moose was in this class, but I didn't see him sitting down anywhere so I assumed he wasn't at school today.

After class was over, I went to my locker to put away some books I didn't need. When I opened the door to my locker, a small note fell on the ground. I picked it up and unfolded it.

'get out of our fucking town or we'll kill you stupid ass fence hopper.'

I felt uneasy. I don't know why this hasn't stopped yet but it made me feel sick. Physically sick. I don't know if it was because it scared me or what but I really felt like I needed to sit down. I shoved the note in my pocket and started walking out of school to find Robin.

I found him across the street and we started walking back home. Robin was holding my hand and swinging our arms back and forth.

"I just think it's stupid. I'm never going to need to know how to solve for X." Robin said.

"You'll need it for the test next week." I said. His smile dropped and his eyes widened.

"There's a test already?"

"Yes Robin. I can help you prepare if you want." I offered.

"Really?" I nodded and he smiled.

"My girlfriend's so smart." He said proudly. I leaned against him as we walked. We finally got home and said bye to each other.

𝗥𝗼𝗯𝗶𝗻'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩:
I waited to leave until she was inside and closed the door. I was about to leave when something caught my eye. There was a small piece of paper in the ground. I picked it up and I folded it.

'get out of our fucking town or we'll kill you stupid ass fence hopper.'

I was confused. Did Alina drop this or something? I started getting angry. I wanted to figure out who wrote this to her. I shoved the note in my pocket and started walking home. I didn't wanna bother her about it anymore tonight, I'd just ask her tomorrow.

𝗔𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩:
I walked inside all happy. Spending time with Robin was just pure serotonin for me. I closed the door behind me and turned around. My smile fading when I saw my mom sitting on the couch crying.

"Momma? What's wrong?" I was about to walk over to her when I heard another voice in the room speak up.

"Welcome back home mi hija." A man stood up out of a chair. He turned around to face me and my heart dropped. My father.

"What are you doing here?" I asked quietly. I hadn't seen my father in months and all of a sudden he just shows up. My mom crying on the couch also wasn't a good sign.

"I moved into town Alina. I though you'd be more excited." He walked closer to me and I backed up into the door. I refused to look him in the eye. My dad wasn't a good person.

"I heard you've been getting into fights at school. Is that true." He backed away from me and into the kitchen. He opened the fridge and took out a beer bottle. He looked at me angrily when I didn't answer him.

"I asked you a question." He said.

"Yes." I mumbled.

"I can't fucking hear you!" He yelled and slammed his hand down on the counter. It made me jump.

"Yes." I said louder.

"SPEAK UP!"

"Yes it's true!" I yelled. I usually didn't yell at my dad. He scared the shit out of me.

"That's my girl." He walked over to me and I glared up at him. Tears were forming in my eyes and I didn't know if I'd be able to keep myself from crying.

"You're just like me." I hated it when he said that. As much as I tried to not follow the same path as my dad, I'm still my fathers daughter.

"Now go set the table for our family dinner." I did what I was told. I got out plates and silverware. My dad was always like this. I hated how he made me and my mom feel so scared.

I was sure if he stayed around long enough he'd kill us.