34

We sat down and continued to watch the game. Finney was doing really good. I know he's always so hard on himself when they lose, even if they played well.

"Hey Donna." Robin said. She smiled at him and sat down next to me. Getting out of the house was nice. I think I just needed to get away for a little while. It came down to the final pitch. The batter had two strikes and they just needed to get him out to win the game.

Finney threw the ball and the boy hit it out of the park. Finney looked disappointed and upset with himself which broke my heart. The other team celebrated as the boy ran across the plates. Both teams gathered and we all stood up from the bleachers to go find Finney.

He walked out to us with another guy. He looked like the boy that was batting.

"Uh, this is Bruce." Finney said quietly. Gwen smiled and held her hand out for him. She was way better at introductions than Finn was.

"Congrats on winning." Gwen said. He smiled proudly and looked around at the rest of us.

"This is Donna, Alina and Robin." Gwen said since nobody else was saying anything.

"Finn you did amazing." I said. He looked down at the ground. It was like his confidence broke a little bit.

"Thanks Lina."

"Yeah you're really good dude. You almost had me." Bruce said with a smile. Finney didn't look convinced.

"Maybe we could all go out and celebrate?" Gwenny suggested.

"Sounds like a good idea! We should go to the skating rink." Donna said. She walked over next to Finney and his face turned red. We all started walking down the road to the skating rink.

Luckily it wasn't too busy. We all walked inside and up to the front counter. We grabbed some skates and sat down to put them on.

"Have you ever done this before?" I asked Donna.

"A couple times. It's easy once you get the hang of it." She said, struggling to fit her skate on her foot.

"Maybe you could teach Finn how to skate. I'm sure he doesn't know how." I laughed and she smiled.

"Do you really think he likes me?" She asked.

"I do. I think he's just nervous of rejection. Just take things slow, you'll get there." I said. She smiled and stood up with her skates on.

"Thanks Lina." She went over next to Finney and helped him get up. I looked over at Robin and smiled. Robin was trying to hold in his laugh but I thought they looked cute. Finn was already falling everywhere and Donna grabbed his hand to keep his steady.

"I told you they'd be adorable together." I said. I leaned my head against Robins shoulder as I waited for him to finished tying his shoes. The rest of us stood up and went onto the rink.

"Have you ever done this before?" I asked Robin, holding onto his arm for support. He looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Are you kidding? I come here all the time."

"Really?"

"No."

Bruce came up behind us and almost fell. Me and Robin laughed at his attempt to stand up.

"What are you laughing at? Not like you're any better." Bruce said, smiling. Gwenny came rushing past us like a pro.

"Show off!" I yelled. The three of us struggled to get around without falling. There was loud music playing from speakers over our heads and eventually, the lights turned off. Robin had gone over to talk with Finney about Donna. I had my heart set on making sure they got together.

Me and Bruce skated around. I'm sure we looked absolutely stupid since neither of us knew how to skate.

"Are you two dating or something?" He asked, motioning to Robin in front of us. He looked so cute. I was honestly waiting for him to just slip and fall right in front of me.

"Yeah. He's my boyfriend." I said proudly.

"I've heard about you two from other kids around town. You guys are like the tough couple." He said with a slight laugh.

"Oh? Why's that?" I asked.

"I guess you two are both fighters. Unless what people are saying isn't true-"

"We had good reasons I swear." I said. Thinking of me and Robin as the 'tough fighting couple' was an odd thought for me. I didn't think me and him were super intimidating. I actually thought we were both just big softies.

"Oh by the way, we're trying to get Donna and Finney together." I said eagerly.

"You a match maker or something?" He asked. I laughed and shrugged.

"Finney would never do it for himself so I have to help." I said. Robin and Finney had both slowed down enough for me and Bruce to catch up.

We all skated together for a couple more minutes. The four of us absolutely sucked but it was funny to watch everyone struggle to move. Me and Robin had gone ahead of Finn and Bruce so we could have time to ourselves.

I had tripped over my own feet and almost fell and ate it. Robin grabbed onto me and laughed as he held onto me.

"Keep laughing and I'll trip you too." I said sarcastically. He helped me get up and we kept skating.

"Are you doing okay?" He asked.

"I'm doing better. I wonder if I'll be able to go home soon." I said.

"You will. And if not, you get to spend more time with me." He grabbed onto my hand and kissed it. I looked up at him with a smile.

"I guess you're right. You know I love spending time with you."

"I know." We stayed for a little while longer until I finally got too tired to keep going. Sometimes I think I take for granted the small things I have. I spend all my time focused and worrying about all the bad things happening I don't recognize all the good.