18

We woke up early in the morning to the sunlight pouring in the room. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. Gwen had woken up as well. We both got up and went into the kitchen. I poured us both some cereal and got us some water.

"Did your mom ever come home?" Gwenny asked as she sipped her water.

"I don't know." I set my cup down and walked into the back room to look for my mom. Nothing. Her shoes weren't even by the front door so I assumed she was gone.

"She definitely didn't come home." I said.

"Sorry Alina." Gwenny said. I didn't want her to feel sorry for me. It wasn't sad. It was just disappointing.

"It's okay." We were interrupted by the phone ringing loudly. I groaned and walked over to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Alina? It's Finn. Is Gwenny awake yet?" He asked. I turned to look at Gwenny as I answered.

"Uh yeah, why?" Gwenny gave me a confused look.

"Will you guys come over here in an hour or two? Me and Robin have an idea that we think you'll love."

"Sure. What is it?"

"You're really impatient Alina." Finn hung up the phone and I set my phone back up on the hook.

"Who was that?" Gwen asked.

"Your brother. He wants us to go to Robins house in an hour. He said they have some stupid idea they think we'll love." I quoted.

"Hmm. Weird." We finished our food then went to get ready. About an hour passed so we decided it was time to start walking. We walked around the corner to Robin's house. I knocked on the door and it opened very quickly. Robin was standing at the door and practically jumped onto me to hug me.  I squeezed him tightly and then we walked inside.

"Take a seat." Robin said, motioning to the couch. Me and Gwen sat down on the couch and gave each other a scared look. The boys were standing in front of us talking to each other. We couldn't hear what they were saying but they were definitely disagreeing on something.

"What are they doing?" I asked.

"Lord knows."

They walked over with a piece of paper and a pencil once they resolved their pity party. Finn set the paper down in front of us with a smile. He rocked back and forth in his shoes as he waited for us to look at the paper.

"What's this?" I picked up the paper and tried my best to read the scribbles on the paper. Gwenny peaked over my shoulder and squinted, trying to read the words.

"Who wrote this?" She asked.

"I did. Why?" Robin said, crossing his arms.

"Your handwriting is terrible, that's why." Gwenny said. Robin snatched the paper and straightened it out in front of him. He cleared his throat before speaking.

"Wizard of oz, zoo animals, cowboys and cowgirls," I stopped him and stood up.

"Maybe tell us what it is first?"

"Oh yeah. Uh, halloween."

"Costumes?"

"Yeah. We thought maybe you guys would like to dress up together?"

"WIZARD OF OZ!" Gwenny jumped up and clapped. I laughed and took the paper from Robin. His handwriting really was horrible.

"I think the Wizard of oz sounds good." I said. The boys agreed and we all decided to go out to the store so we could buy things for our costumes. As we shuffled through racks of clothing, Robin shouted from across the aisle.

"So uh, who's gonna be what?" He asked. We still hadn't established that yet.

"Can I be Dorothy?" Gwen asked. I nodded and tried to think about the other characters.

"I'll be the good witch."

"You two can be the lion and the scarecrow!" Gwenny said. I don't think the boys really cared what they were gonna be, they just wanted to do something as a group. I looked on clothing racks for something pink. I couldn't find much but I ended up finding a short pink dress with sparkles on it. It was probably the closest thing I'd find.

It took us all day long but we all found our outfits for Halloween. Finn and Gwenny had walked back to their house and Robin walked me home.

"You guys decided to do this really late you know." I said laughing. Halloween was tomorrow and we only got our costumes today.

"Better late than never." He said. He walked me up to the door and I stood up on the porch stair. It made me taller than robin.

"Thank you Robin." I said. I stepped down off the step so he'd be taller than me again. He smiled down at me and held my head gently with his hands. He kissed my forehead and motioned for me to go inside.

"Tell your mom I said hi okay? I'll be here tomorrow night and we can get ready together." I nodded and waved bye to him. As normal, Robin waited to leave until I was inside. I looked down by the door but my moms shoes were still gone. I rolled my eyes and set my stuff down in my room.

I came back out to the living room and started cleaning up. I folded the blankets and put pillows back where they were supposed to be. I then went into the kitchen and put away the box of cereal I had gotten out earlier for me and Gwenny.

It was already late afternoon. My mom hadn't been home for a while now. Just like old times. I knew it was too good to be true. I went back to my room and closed my door. I closed my curtains and turned the light off, trying to make it as dark in the room as possible. I got under my covers and stared at my ceiling.

Why couldn't my mom just stay home for a week. All I wanted from her was for her to be present. For her to actually act like a mother.

I missed her.

𝗔/𝗡
Hey guys so I swear the grabber is going to be in this story, just not for a while. I really wanna build on Alina and Robins relationship and I don't think Alina's ready for more trauma than I'm about to give her. Though this story is still far from over so don't get your hopes up<3