22

I woke up to my alarm blaring in my ear. I forgot we had school today. Fuck. I sat up and remembered Robin had stayed the night with me. He sat up as well and we both started getting ready for school.

As I walked to my classes, I tried my best to keep my head down. I really didn't want to be caught up with Melissa today. I got to class before the bell rang and laid my head down on my desk. I was still super tired.

"Can I sit here?" I looked up and a girl was standing next to me. She was pretty but I'd never seen her in this class before.

"Uh yeah sure." I moved my stuff so she'd have room to put her own things. She sat down and got ready for class.

"I'm Donna." She said with a smile. She seemed really sweet.

"Alina. Are you new or something?" I asked.

"I just moved class periods. I usually have this class 2nd period but I got it switched so I didn't have to be with all the annoying boys that don't care about their grades." She said. I laughed at her comment but she was right. A good handful of the boys here were really loud and annoying.

The bell rang and students started pouring into the classroom. Nobody really payed attention to what the teacher was saying. It was all review stuff anyways so we already knew it. Me and Donna had been laughing and talking all class period.

"Okay okay, would you rather have a rewind button or a pause button on your life." Donna asked. I adjusted my posture as I thought about it.

"Rewind button for sure."

"Really? I'd say pause button. I'd be able to just stop the whole world and everything would go quiet."

"I'm sure I have plenty of mistakes that could be fixed with a rewind button." I said, laughing.

"Okay fair." I'd only known Donna for 30 minutes but I really hoped we'd become good friends.

"Do you wanna come sit with me at lunch today? There's a couple other people I sit with too." I asked. She smiled and nodded without hesitation.

"Sounds super." Once the bell rang, we left to go to lunch. I hated pushing through the crowd just to get to my spot. Once we got there, everyone was already sitting down and waiting for me.

"Hey guys, this is Donna." I said. She smiled and waved at everyone. We sat down and started eating our lunch. I noticed Finn staring at her. He looked so stunned.

"Do you have something to say?" Gwen asked in a teasing tone. Finn shook himself out of it and his face turned a bright red.

"We should all maybe hang out soon." Finn said. He was just trying to come up with an excuse.

"Yeah! Let's hang out next week." Gwenny said. We all agreed to hanging out. I noticed throughout lunch that Finn was more quiet than usual. He was usually pretty shy but not like this.

We finished lunch and the rest of the day went by very quickly. I walked across the street to Robin. He was waiting for me with something in his hands. He smiled at me and handed me a small flower. He definitely just picked it from the bushes behind him but I thought it was cute. I took the flower from him and grabbed his hand, then we started walking home.

"I think Finn likes Donna." I said.

"Think? He practically drools at the sight of her." Robin said. I laughed softly. He was right.

"They'd be so cute together."

"Yeah but Finn would never have the guts to ask her out." Robin said. He was right again.

"Well then we should help them." Robin gave me a skeptical look.

"They'd be so happy, just like us." I kissed his cheek and he tried to hide his smile.

"Yeah alright fine. I'll talk to Finn." He said. We walked up to my front door and said goodbye. I was happy with the thought of getting Donna and Finn together. I walked inside and took off my shoes.

I went to my room and set down the flower on my desk. I put it inside the cup of water that was still sitting on my nightstand from my hangover. I spent the whole night thinking about how I could help Finn and Donna get together.

I wasn't sure if my mom was home or not. If she was, she was probably passed out in her room and I was not about to go take care of her again.

I woke up and rolled over to look at the time. I didn't realize I had fallen asleep. I quickly got up and got ready. I was super late. I threw on my outfit, brushed my hair, did my makeup and stumbled out the door.

Robin was walking up to my house. He was right on time. I walked down the street to him and he looked at me confused.

"My alarm didn't go off." I said. I'm sure I probably looked horrible but I didn't really care. We walked to school and went to class.  I sat down and got all my stuff out to prepare for the day.

I was hit in the shoulder with a piece of paper. I rolled my eyes and turned to my side. Melissa and her friends were sitting and gawking at me. The teacher was to busy talking to notice. I looked away to ignore them but it didn't work. They threw another paper at me but this one hit my head. It didn't hurt, it was just paper, but it still bothered me. I picked up the paper and looked at what it said.

'Bathroom after class'

As if. Do they really think I'm that stupid. I'm not going to get myself beat up again. I sat and thought about it for a minute. Robin did say I needed to stand up for myself. He taught me how to fight specifically for this. Maybe I could at least try.

The bell rang and I packed all my stuff. I met Gwenny in the hallway before I had gone to the bathroom. Everyone was on their way to lunch so we wouldn't miss any class, but we'd probably miss lunch. I handed her the note and she read it.

"What's this?" She asked.

"I want you to come with me. Melissa's gonna be there." I said. Her face dropped and we started walking.

"Alina this is crazy. You don't have to fight them."

"Yes I do. I'm not gonna let them stomp all over me anymore." I pushed the bathroom door open and Melissa, Jessica and Amy were all standing by the sinks.

"She actually showed up." Jessica said, crossing her arms and giving me a dirty look. The door closed behind us and we took off our backpacks and set them on the floor.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

𝗔/𝗡
Yay I posted two parts today🥳