16

30 minutes passed since Alina had fallen asleep and it was about time for us to leave. She was now laying with her head on my lap. I was running my fingers through her hair and made sure she was okay while she slept.

"Just leave her. She needs the sleep." Her mom said. I turned to look behind the couch at Mrs.Rodriguez.

"Is it okay if I stay with her?" I asked. I didn't know if she'd be home or not. She seemed to be around a lot more now but I still wanted to make sure. I didn't want to leave her alone.

"Yeah that's fine." She walked over to the counter and grabbed a small wallet. She walked out the door and I sat in shock. I really thought she'd stay. I continued to brush through Alina's hair with my fingers and admire her. She was so perfect.

How'd she manage to look so beautiful even when she's sleeping.

She slept for a long time. And I mean a 𝘓𝘖𝘕𝘎 time. Around noon, she jolted awake and looked around panicked.

"Hey hey, I'm here, it's okay." She sat up and looked at me confused.

"What time is it?"

"Almost 12:30." I answered.

"School." She said panicked. She jumped up and I stood up as well. She was running around, trying to get everything together.

"Amor it's okay. Your mom said it's fine if you slept." I said, trying to calm her down.

"She did?" I nodded and I could tell she relaxed a bit.

"I think we'd make it in time for 7th period. It's pretty much almost the end of the school day." She said. I can't believe she still wanted to go to school.

"Are you sure you wanna go?" I asked. She nodded and then walked over to me. She stood up on her tiptoes and kissed my cheek. I could feel my face turn hot. I loved it when she did that.

She made me feel special.

𝗔𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩:
Me and Robin walked to school in time for 7th. I had that class with Melissa and Finn. I hate that class but I went for Finn. I sat down in my chair next to Finn and got out all my stuff.

"You missed lunch. Where were you?" He asked. He sounded really concerned.

"Sleeping." I said proudly.

"Sleeping..?"

"Yep."

My mood changed when I saw Melissa walk in the class. She walked down the aisle of desks and past me. She ran into my desk which ended up pulling all my stuff off.

"Oops." She turned around and smiled sarcastically at me. I glared up at her and picked up my supplies.

"Why do you let her do that to you?" Finn asked next to me.

"Why do you let that group of boys push you around?" I shot back. I didn't mean it in a mean way but if anyone would understand bullying it would be Finn.

"Hey uh, are you and Gwenny having a sleepover tonight?" He asked.

"Yeah why?"

"Well if Gwenny gets to have a sleepover that means I can too. So I was just wondering." He said. He seemed really happy to be able to have a sleepover of his own. I was very sure he'd be having one with Robin.

The school bell rang and we all left our classes. I pushed through the crowd of kids and found Gwenny standing with Finn and Robin. I walked over to them with a huge smile on my face.

"Ready to go?" I asked Gwen. She nodded happily and we all started walking. The boys had walked us back to my house, then we went our separate ways. When I walked in the house, my mom wasn't home. I was okay with it since she'd been home a lot lately and I had a friend over, I just really hoped she was safe.

We went back to my room and set our stuff down on the floor.

"So what's going on with you and Robin?" Gwen asked. I realized that I never told her we were dating now. I turned to her proudly.

"You could say we're more than just friends." I shrugged my shoulders with a smile and paced around the room.

"Finally!" She jumped up and down.

"Gwen he's my boyfriend." I said with a huge smile. I loved saying that out loud. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. She ran over to me and squeezed me in a big hug.

"I knew it, I knew it!"

We spent a couple hours sitting in my room and talking. We mostly talked about Gwenny's dad and her mother. She really missed her mother. As it got darker, we went out into the living room so we could turn on a movie as background noise. My mom still hadn't come home.

"What should we watch?" I asked her.

"The wizard of Oz!" She said without hesitation. I grabbed the remote and found the movie but paused it before it could start.

"My mom just got a whole bunch of snacks but we could walk down to the store and get slushees." I suggested.

"That's a great idea." Gwenny said. We got our shoes on and left the house. It was pretty dark outside and the wind blew slightly, which made it cold. Neither of us thought to bring jackets.

Lucky for us, the store wasn't too far from my house. I kept getting paranoid that someone was going to jump out from a bush and kill us. I was relieved when we saw a light in the distance. We walked inside and to the back of the store to the slushee machine. We both grabbed cups and lids then took a look at our selection.

"What are you getting?" Gwen asked me.

"Maybe a bit of everything." I stepped up and started putting blue raspberry and cherry into my cup. I put the lid on and grabbed a pink straw from the counter. Gwenny had gotten just cherry.

We walked back home in the dark. We walked fast since it was getting cold and we were both scared. I closed and locked the door and then went to unpause the movie on the TV. We both took our shoes off then Gwenny went to sit on the couch while I got some snacks from the kitchen.

I set down a whole selection of snacks on the table in front of the couch and sat next to Gwenny. We both pulled blankets over us to warm us from the cold, then turned our bodies to face each other.

"You have to tell me about Robin."