01

geminids.

in the land of teyvat, it is said that this phenomenon only happens once every millions of years. unlike other worlds, where they have the luxury to witness this every year, it is a very rare occasion to witness such a thing.

teyvat, as most people know it, consists of seven nations. eight, if you count its' ancient civilization, a land that was ruled by human like pixies. these creatures were no longer apart of humanity in the present time, they are nothing more than legends that once roamed their land.

and then it happened. you gained consciousness.

you were the last remaining of your kind, a baobhan sith that had somehow woken up from your deep sleep. what's even more peculiar was the memories you remembered after you opened your eyes.

"goodnight printsessa, sweet dreams."

"have i... met you before?"

"what's up, vice pres?"

"i love you, [Y/N]."

it pained your head as you heard voices echoing throughout your brain all at once. flashes of an unfamiliar man's face were seen, he looked different in various memories that you had to wonder if he was even the same person.

it felt like your head was being split in half, the voices wouldn't stop either. it was like being transported into another realm, you had to wonder if you were peering into someone else's memory or not.

unlikely, no. these were your memories, memories you've created in your past lives.

°

"tartaglia, you seem awfully busy these days." a tired looking arlecchino made casual talk with the younger harbinger, who was sitting down behind him with his arms folded on his chest.

"you're the last person i'd expect to notice, arlecchino." he tried to feign an innocent smile. he knew she wouldn't be asking unless there was something else to it, she wouldn't dare to get caught talking to him in the first place.

"pity that it isn't you in that casket." she sighs, referring to the late fair lady's coffin. "i'll cut straight to the point, you need to come with me."

childe knew she was also faking that whole starting-a-conversation thing with him. it was so out of character it made him want to laugh. "what for?"

the woman looks around her, making sure no one would be listening into their conversation. no one would, they were the only ones left in the room after the ceremony after all.

"we've found one."

"be more specific, would you?" he sighed in annoyance. "since i guess, you have no time for idle chit chat either."

"dumbass, i'm telling you about–" she pauses, lowering her voice. "...the baobhan sith."

his eyes grew wide, shifting to his seat to listen more of what his colleague has to say. "you... you found one?"

"yes, i did. unfortunately for me, you're part of this research so i just had to inform you about it." unlike the tone of her voice, her face clearly wasn't ecstatic about it. "i'll be heading to the lab, the doctor is probably already waiting for us there."

"dottore." he mumbles, he never liked that man. childe never knew the exact reason why but something about him just doesn't sit right. "i'll follow you in a bit."

without another word, arlecchino walks out leaving him to think for himself. as a harbinger, childe had duties regarding the palace's research whether he liked it or not. sure, he'd rather be placed in the battlefield, but such commands came from the tsaritsa herself. the last thing he wanted to do was to defy any order of hers.