03

dried leaves fell down from above as he stared at a familiar figure in front of him. the surroundings were strange; he could see buildings he never knew existed, people wearing strange clothes, but he couldn't hear anything besides the rustle of trees.

he continues to stare at whoever it was in front of him, they did the same. they never broke contact. why did the figure seem so familiar, yet so distant at the same time?

he felt weird as if he was supposed to remember what exactly was happening. but he didn't, except his mouth had opened before he realized it.

"have i... met you before?"

°

his eyes shot open, feeling himself drowning in his own sweat. childe sat up, burying his face in the palm of his hand.

"you're finally awake." a voice said nearby.

he almost jumped when he saw you by his bedside table, feet on top of the desk as you read a book you got from his shelf. your outfit was different, you finally got rid of the ragged outfit you probably wore to pretend to be... well, a peasant mostly. your outfit was skintight, colored in black that reached above your thighs. you wore long black boots to pair, while a lighter-colored jacket hung from your shoulder. this was nothing like the siths we read about.

"...what are you doing here?" childe knew you were in his room inside the palace, but how he managed to get there made him confused. soon enough, he forgot about the dream he had.

"who else would've brought you here if not me?" you answered, not looking up from the book you were so interested in. "i didn't think you were the type to read... pretty please, kitsune guuji?"

"it was a present from– wait, that's not the point. what the hell did you do to me?"

"i hardly did anything." you shrugged, placing the book down. "aside from marking you, that is."

"marking..." he used his hand to feel the skin on his neck and sure enough, he felt the scar from your fangs there. "what the hell did you do?"

"relax, it's not as if i brainwashed you or anything. not that i can even do that anyway." you then sat on the edge of his bed, leaning towards the male. "so, how's it feel?"

"pretty shitty, knowing i have no clue as to what is going on or what you did to me." he answered honestly. "why did you mark me?"

"i told you, i like you." you grinned. "so i marked you."

"that doesn't answer anything." he tried not to fall for your lies again. "what did you do to my co-workers?"

"don't worry, they have no idea what went on. well, they probably noticed i've gone missing so they're on a hunt for me now."

"unbelievable." he shook his head. "i'm assuming you made them capture you in the first place since from what i saw, you could've gone out of there sooner if you wanted to."

"that i do." you were still leaning towards him, childe had no choice but to now lean his back against the headboard of his bed. "it was all to find you, after all."

"to find me?"

"i've been here since the geminids happened and found some random fatui scouting the area i woke up at. of course, you'd be a fatui in every timeline, so i had fun with some of them and let myself get captured."

"timeline?" he furrowed his brows. "what are you talking about?"

"nothing that you need to know about." you were about to place your hand on his cheek, but he grabs your wrist tightly.