07

whether you liked it or not, you did end up in the guest room the second night. childe had no idea why you were so adamant about the idea of him getting murdered in his sleep, so he assured you that he would still be alive and well the next day.

you were a mystery– well, perhaps that was an understatement. you were a creature that's supposed to be extinct by the present day but here you were prancing around as if that was very normal and not only that, you claimed to know him.

you very well may just be some crazy woman who waltz into the palace for whatever reason, but there was something in him that believes that that wasn't the case at all. he had a... feeling, was what he thought of. it was just a hunch, he didn't have any proof of anything either. he just knew that he could trust you to some extent and that you would actually be an important weapon on the battlefield.

"my... where's the sith?" he saw the damselette's voice not too far off when he was going back to his room. she stood right outside his door.

"columbina, what brings you here?" he forced a smile.

"i wanted to meet the sith since i heard she's been with you all day." the lady says. "how unfortunate."

"she's–" he paused, thinking that telling her your location wouldn't be for the best. he was never close with the harbinger, but he always had this bad feeling about her. if childe were to tell columbina that you were in one of the guest's rooms, there was no doubt she'd pay you a visit. "we parted ways after dinner, i have no idea where she went."

"is that so?" the third sighs. "very well. i shall make my introductions tomorrow morning then." and just like that, she left.

childe had eventually breathed out the air he didn't know he was holding. once she was out of his sight, he went inside his room to rest.

from the way you acted towards the knave and the doctor, it was evident that you didn't really like the other harbingers. well– he may just be assuming stuff, maybe you'd get along with some of them after all.

he lays down on his bed and closed his eyes, letting himself fall into a deep slumber.

°

"hey, you okay?" a voice calls out to him.

childe opens his eyelids at the sound of the voice, it echoed even though he was sure he was near to whoever that person was. he was looking up by the time his eyes had fully adjusted to his surroundings, all he could see were... leaves?

he was underneath a tree that had this really old-looking playhouse on top. it was close to deteriorating, he wondered why it hasn't fallen apart yet. fairy lights hovered around them which provided lightness in the dark area he was at.

"you don't look so well." he suddenly feels a hand on his neck.

childe almost jumps and averts his gaze down to the person, "who..."

"what's the matter?"

the person in front of him... there was a figure, but he couldn't see a face. it was almost blurred out, he couldn't tell who it was.

"do you... remember now?" they asked.

"remember?" he examined his surroundings once more. he only now noticed that fireflies had gathered around them. "where are we?"

"this is your family's lake, no?" the person replied, retracting the hand away from you. "you and your brother built that tree house up there."