⚜Chapter 16⚜

"

"..............and I was like you can't do that and my dad was like no I can-  My family is really crazy- Siya are you even listening? hey!" She clapped her hand to get my attention, which is somewhere between the file in my hand and her story. 

"Yeah, I am listening. " I assure her while going through the pages.

"No you're not," she snatches the file and closes it.

"This is lunchtime we are supposed to eat and talk but you're working." Irritation was clear in her voice.

Well she is right I wasn't paying attention to whatever she was saying and it's not I'm ignoring her it's just I am really busy, and I don't have time to eat and talk right now.

"Because I have to attend this party tonight and for that, I need to go home early, that's why I am completing all the work as fast as I can." I sigh as I stretch my arms, they are hurting badly.

Jai is a lovely boss but when it comes to working he is hella strict, he permitted me to go home early for the party but as his assistant, I need to finish my work and I can't take off leaving my work burden on him.

"OH MY JESUS CHRIST!!!!! He invites you." Lily's voice boomed in the whole cafeteria, gaining everyone's attention.

"Lily calm down." God!!! It's embarrassing.

"I knew it. The way he was looking at you. He loves you bae." she chimed in, making me blush hard. I am sure right now my face is as red as a tomato.

"No it's not like that, it's just– for the work-related purpose we met a lot and we became friends." I try to reason with her but she just gives me an Awwww. Literally, this girl is hopelessly romantic and right now she is making a romantic movie in her head with me as the heroine and Samrat as a hero.

"You know nothing about love. But trust me he likes you very much." I rolled my eyes but my lips curved up at her statement.

"Okay love guru I'll talk to you later I have some work with Jai" I grab the file from her hand and walk out of the cafeteria.

I try to focus on the things I need to discuss with Jai but my brain can't stop thinking about Samrat. Lily is not entirely wrong. He does like me.

I have noticed from the first day I start working on the preparation of this party that he took interest in everything I do. It's like whenever I am with him his whole World revolves around me and I like this feeling.

Just a day after that Gala he hired our company for his lavish mega-budget party and since then I've been meeting him almost every day. 

He is a person of very unique taste and he wants everything with perfection and utter elegance which make us work our asses off for his glamorous party.

I smiled as I thought about the time when he told me why he likes rare stuff and after that, to my surprise, he asked me to go out on a date with him. My breath got stuck in my throat at that time, he is an amazing human but I am not ready for commitment so I declined his offer politely.