Chapter 35

Getting out of the house wasn't a simple task as I needed Vikram's approval, which I knew would be impossible to obtain

Getting out of the house wasn't a simple task as I needed Vikram's approval, which I knew would be impossible to obtain. His permission was necessary, and I was aware that he would never grant it, making it challenging for me to leave. So for the first time I played the wife role. I wasn't sure whether it's gonna work or not. But my desperation made me wake up early today, and prepare the whole breakfast for him.

He was kind of shocked at first but quickly masked his reaction with the usual blank one. I on the other hand only cared about one thing.

and just like me, he probably never thought in his wildest dreams that I would do all this. But it worked, I asked him nicely, almost too sweetly. And he granted me the permission but on two conditions, one i have to make breakfast for him every morning and two i have to take two bodyguards with me for protection.

Who will tell him that if I need protection from someone? Then it is him. He is the biggest canker sore in my life right now.

I accepted all his conditions at that time but now I am anxious about the whole meeting. These Bodyguards will definitely tell Vikram if they see a glimpse of their boss's enemy near us.

And if Vikram finds out, it will be a disaster for me. Just because he didn't punish me yesterday doesn't mean he has developed humanity or love for me in his heart. He is still the same cruel person. It won't take him second to show me his true colors.

But you have to do this. A voice rang in my head, and ignited a spark of hope in my dreading heart. Maybe it's not my choice but it's my only option.

I scanned the crowd, swiveling my head from left to right in search of a familiar face. Though I may have only glimpsed him once, his image was indelibly imprinted in my mind's eye. The two bodyguards trailing behind me were like shadows, drawing unwanted attention from passersby. Despite the awkwardness of the situation, I keep moving forward.

There were store line-ups in the mall, so I stopped at a few of them to browse the items being sold. I wasn't even paying full attention to what I was buying, I was hoping to find the courage to ease some of my worries. Whatever had happened the night before, if my forced husband were to find out about it, he would surely bury me alive.

As I took the bag from the store assistant I saw him secretly put a paper slip inside the bag, entirely aware that I was watching him. I looked behind me and saw the guards were standing with their backs facing me.

As soon as he handed me the bag, I took the slip out. And I felt a bit strange seeing Victoria's Secret written on it. But then something clicked in my mind and I quickly and quietly threw the slip away.

At first, I wondered why I was called to this place, but then I realized that guards wouldn't accompany me to a lingerie store. There, he can meet me comfortably.

I looked around and spotted a large, bold sign indicating my destination. Without hesitation, I made my way towards it. As I approached, I cleared my throat and turned around to face the men walking behind me.