BEGINNING

"AND the last one to be called... Vivienne García Dela Reyes!"

The voice of the speaker enveloped my ears. I stand up from my seat and walk proudly towards the stage despite being last. I walk like a supermodel walking down in a runaway. Legs firm and strong, hips naturally sway side by side, Chin up and high. Eyes full with pride. 

"Congratulation." The professor smiled genuinely.

With a smile of my own, I shook her hand. I turned and presented the diploma to the audience. I was greeted by some unfamiliar faces while others were people I had previously met and others I had only seen in publications. The crowd applause and from where I was standing, I could see the joy in my parents' eyes and the proud faces of my cousins ​​who attended together with my aunt and uncle. I felt joy in my heart.

Their expressions feel like I'm given a medal. Like I graduated as an honor student because of their proud faces. I immediately averted my eyes at them and smiled at the camera.

My head turn at the side where my smart classmates lined up holding a certificate and diploma in their hands while their medals hang on their neck. There's a saying eyes are the window of your feelings... it's true. I could see the proud sparks on their eyes and happiness they feel on themselves. I simply look at them. I admit, I'm not as smart as them—ok, I won't sugarcoat it anymore like I always do. I am not smart. I am stupid as a freak and I'm only good at fashion and designing but hey? I graduated high school and will soon be a collage student this year.

I line up with the others for the last year students graduation group picture. I was made to stand in the middle. We showed our diploma. I smile again for the camera.

"1.... 2.... 3..."

The bright and quick light flash from the camera. A few pictures were taken before we were seated again. We, last year students were the last one to be called, so just a little bit and it will be over.

".... Once again, Congratulations to all students who graduate today and those who move up."

Everyone applauded together after the head of  school gave his last words and step down and seated on his chair. As if a cue, we all got up and went to our families  and friends.

I wasn't even close to my family when Candace, One of my best friends, suddenly appeared in front and gave me a big hug. Startling me, we almost fall down. Good thing I manage to balance myself.

She grinned and remarked, "We should snap selfies, Vivi!" as she stared at me. Her large, blue eyes sparkle with such joy. She grinned warmly, revealing her pearly white teeth. Her hand claps joyfully while her golden, curly hair bounces. Her expression just showed delight.

I understand her excitement.

Of course, we've been waiting for this ever since high school began, graduating from this horrible school. High school is full with drama, and I don't particularly enjoy drama. I have never, ever been a fan of that.

I blinked at Candace. Remembering her words, I open my mouth but before I could respond, she pulled out her phone and started snapping shots. I merely grinned. Not long after Tyra and Alondra, my two best friends, abruptly appeared and joined before Candace had a chance to take another picture. I simply chuckled. Specially seeing Tyra's impatient face after the selfie's.

"Candace! You can't take pictures without us!" Tyra scolded. Looking playfully angry at Candace.

Candace just grinned. Not really looking apologetically. "Okay, I won't do that again, now can we take pictures?" She ask. Tyra sigh in defeat. Knowing Candace, she doesn't really listen and just say she won't do it again then repeating the same mistake constantly. That's one of her annoying habits.