CHAPTER SIX - ENROLL

ENROLL

We calmly eat our food. The atmosphere was peaceful and warm. This made me felt at ease as a result. While eating, I could sense my parents throwing glances at me. I didn't really care and focused solely on my plate.

I put the steak in my mouth after cutting it with a knife. As I tried the food, I closed my eyes unintentionally. The tasty, mouth melting, juice spread in my mouth. The meat was perfectly cooked and tender. This made my tense muscle gradually loosen up. After trying it, my stomach grumble.

I dug up another slice to eat once more. Delicious! 

After three months, this dish is my first time eating it again. All of the food being delivered to my room consisted of eggs, nuts, wild salmon, tuna, and low-fat dairy. They were not only unappetising but also not my favorite food. Unlike this one.

Yes, it tastes significantly better.

"How was the food Vivi?"

A warm, gentle voice enveloped my ears and made me raised my head to look at the source of that voice. Holding a knife that was dripping with juice and a fork that had a small piece of meat on it, my mother calmly looked at me with warmth and gentleness on her eyes while wearing a small comforting smile.

My father, attentively listen for my response.

"It's tasty."

Those simple and reserved response made my father's eyes lit with delight and made my mother relaxed.

"We're glad." She smiled.

With a nod, I continued eating. Do I have to respond to that? Or leave it be? I awkwardly put the slice of meat into my mouth as I think of an answer. I might as well, but what? It is not a typical sentence to respond to.

Ellaine wiped her lips with a tablecloth and put down her glass of water after sipping. "By the way, Uncle Austin and Aunt Caroline, how were you both this days?" With a grin on her face, she asks.

My mother joked and laughed. Happy that someone start a convesation. "Both doing fine; quite busy, but still in good health as you can see."

They continue to talk and I also continue to eat my food. I didn't really bother to talk much nor engaged with conversation with them. I also dismiss my idea earlier and move on. Plus, I don't really mind. I'm already enjoying myself eating.

Moment's past, before I completed my food. As if my brain was struck by lightning, I suddenly remember something. I raised my head and looked at my father.

"Dad, I would like to go to college," This has been on my mind for the past week. The vacation is drawing to a close. After one more week, it will be back to school. I still want to go to college and start learning new things and be educated. I realized, the past is in the past. I can't do anything no matter how hard I tried, it will remained untouchable. I need to focus in the present and in the future since I still have the chance to change it.

Yes, you need to forget to move on. That's how it should be to be free from the ugly burden of the past memories.

My parents' worried expressions were apparent on their faces as my words sink into their heads. So is my cousin's as they listened. They glance at me and to my parents.

"Are you sure?" My father worriedly ask. "I mean It's great that you think of that, but rather than going out there, we could hire tutors and stay here instead. You can still be educated."