CHAPTER FOUR - GARDEN AND FLOWERS

GARDEN AND FLOWERS

When they got closer, they immediately embraced me. I didn't have time to think because it happened so quickly.  Their embraced were tight as if I'm gonna disappear into thin air. They then, buried their heads on my shoulder.

I stayed quiet for I don't know how to react.

Their silent sobs reach my ears. I could feel the shoulder of my nightdress slightly wet because of their tears. Their quivering shoulder were visible to my eyes.

Looking straight, I could see the maids standing on the door way. Watching the scene.

I also spot the bush, not so far from us, slightly rustle.

After a while, I awkwardly raised my hands and pat each of their shoulders. Calming them down.

"I'm sorry..." With a shaking voice, Daine uttered. She was the first one to spoke a word.

I stayed silent. Not knowing how to response.

I would not lie and say, "It's ok." Since it's not. It caused me pain. It was a painful memory and experience. I developed anxiety everytime I get up in my bed. I look like a fool and stupid for 3 months. Being delusional and crazy.

I want to say 'it's all your fault'. I want to blame them. To put my hatred to them. To express my real feelings. I want to. I really do but could not and I hate that.

I was unable to express my genuine emotions. Even though I want to say the words, my mouth won't open. I have to. I needed to speak, to let them know.

I want them to know how painful it was for me... How horrible it was...

I breathe in.

"We can no longer do anything about it." That was all I could say to them. Yes, we can't fix what has already been damaged.

I sigh at my words. Even if I want to get angry at them, I could not. Those past 3 months. My cousins, after knowing what happened that night. They tried to visit me and invite me to their home. I repeatedly refuse their invitation. They didn't insist realizing that no matter what, I won't go out.

I can't really get mad at them. I can't utter the words I really wanna say to them.

Daine and Ellaine release me from their hold after they've calm down. They felt a little embarrass from crying but I didn't say a word. Both cousin still repeatedly apologize to me. I, Not knowing what to say, just smiled at them and invite them to sit with me at the bench and they quietly agreed.

The place were peaceful, only the humming of birds and the gentle whisper of the wind are the only thing you can hear.

It was a little awkward. Nobody were opening their mouth to talk. Even me, I couldn't find a subject for us three to talk. I also know they are struggling to find something to talk out and they also feel awkward.

Its like, it's our first time knowing each other.

I sigh. I really doesn't know how to socialite with people now. I couldn't even respond properly.

I'm not the old me.

I am not the same old girl who socialite with other's even for strangers. Who goes to every house to party even though I was still underage. I am not that same girl who have tons to say and talk shit about. I am not the person three months ago.