Chapter 17: "Hello cold showers, my old friend."

RONNIE

RONNIE

Time flies by when you're having fun, they say. And hell if that statement wasn't true. It's been days since the gala, and Harper and I have spent most of our time together. Mostly out, exploring the city and grabbing lunch and/or dinner.

I've only had one flight since the gala up until today, and even that was spent talking to each other on the phone.

Getting to know Harper has been the highlights of my days.

I sighed, contented. The ratty wheels of trolley in front of me making annoying squeaky noises as I pushed forward, filling it with stuff I needed for dinner. Harper was coming over to my place and I was planning on cooking us something.

The speakers played the latest top 40 songs around the supermarket, and when I heard the familiar voice of a certain famous blonde female singer, I chuckled silently to myself.

Harper and her Taylor Swift addiction.

Passing the vegetable aisle, I made my way towards where they kept the ice cream. My refrigerator officially ran out of actual strawberries, so strawberry-flavored ice cream would have to suffice for now. She liked those too anyway.

After paying for everything, I drove the fifteen minutes home and startef preparing supper. Usually I wouldn't consider myself a homebody, but date nights in were quickly becoming a favorite. No complaints.

It was half past seven o'clock when the front door was opened and closed shut

It was half past seven o'clock when the front door was opened and closed shut. Peeking over my shoulder from where I stood over the sink in the kitchen, I found an exhausted looking Harper shrugging off a gray suit jacket off her shoulders.

Abandoning my current task, I opted for watching her instead. After hanging her jacket on a hook by the door, Harper proceeded to pop the top buttons of her white blouse and release her blonde hair from the low bun that was constricting it.

A girl could get used to this. Despite looking tired from her whole day's work, she looked unbelievably beautiful.

"Ronnie?" she called out.