Now Is Always Temporary ✔️

(Chapter 3)

(Chapter 3)

Justin,Hank,Erin and I were in a diner having dinner.

"And so this brother comes across the yard. He's all skeezed out on crystal or something. And he says, 'chicken pot pie'. Like I'm supposed to know what that is, right? So my boy looks at him, points back at the block and he says, 'that way'. Did not matter what this cat was on. He just doubles back to where he came from lickety-split, you know what I'm saying?" Justin rambled.

"Hey, J, listen. I got some news. I had to pull some strings but I got you in at the cta." Hank exclaimed.

"That's where city workers send their loser relatives." Justin said.

"It's a job." Erin stated.

"And it will help you get back on your feet." I added.

"You know you sound more and more like him every day, right?" Justin questioned and I gave him a look.

"You start Monday." Hank said.

"Okay,sure." Justin scoffed.

Hank's phone rang and he went to take the call.

"Strange how things worked out, huh?" Justin asked.

"How's that?" I asked.

"When we took you in, all of you in, you were the problem." Justin said. "Now the two of you are the golden girls, hell Nate is the golden boy. And I'm the prodigal son."

"Well, here we are, Justin." Erin said. "And now you have a second chance, so don't piss on it."

"We gotta roll." Hank said,coming back to the table. "I'm sorry kid." He patted Justin in the shoulder.

*****

"House belongs to a Dean Masters. His file was red flagged to notify Intelligence, but he must have been before my time." Antonio said, showing Voight a picture.

"Oh,yeah,him. That robbery at the art institute last year. We liked him as the fence." Hank said.

"The neighbors heard a woman scream. We knocked, he yelled out that he had a gun and to leave him alone." The patrol officer said.

"Masters, this is sergeant Voight with the chicago police." Hank yelled while banging on the door. "Open up, make this easy on all of us."

"He's gonna kill me." We heard a woman scream then Hank said, "Take it." Jay shot the doorknob off and kicked in the door. We all entered, with our guns drawn.