At Least It's Justice ✔️

(Chapter 9)

(Chapter 9)

"Yo. Did you guys catch the game last night? 18 seconds into overtime, Kane scores the backhander. Guy's on fire this season." Jay said with a smile as he walked up to the unit.

Me on the other hand, wasn't so happy. They found Lonnie Rodiger dead. He was murdered. And they think Jay did it.

I stood up to walk over to him to tell him what's going on.

"What's with you two?" He asked as he looked at me and Olinsky.

"Halstead." Voight called out of his office. He walked in.

After a few minutes he came out of the office and grabbed his coat as was about to leave. I grabbed his arm. "Jay!"

"I'm the one who tried to stop that freak. Now, I'm the target." Jay hissed.

"I know." I said. "But I have to ask you. Did you do it?"

"This is unbelieveable." Jay said.

"Did you or did you nor do it?" I asked, firmly.

"No, of course I didn't." Jay said. I studied his face for any sign of lie.

"Okay. I believe you. But others might not. So take this." I said and handed him a piece of paper. "It's the number for Dan Harnes. He's the best police union rep there is. You call him."

He gave me a look, sighed and turned around and walked away.

*****

Voight, Antonio and Al went out to a scene of a car accident. One of the people involved in the crash ran. And Burgess and Atwater opened his truck and found a human torso. Nothing else.

"The owner of the car's clean. The car was reported stolen from a parking garage about a week ago." Olinsky said.

"Hey, the torso recovered from the trunk had an artificial hip, so I asked Jin to trace the serial number and match it to the patien's name." I piped in.

"Doing it that way is actually faster then a dna test. Only takes me a couple hours instead of a couple of weeks." Jin said.

"It's a good thing you're back to doing your day job instead of personal favours." Voight exclaimed. He's not in a good mood. "Keep hitting the bushes." He finished and walked into his office.

Ruzek hung up the phone and spoke up. "Hey, so you think Halstead did it or what?"

"What the hell man?" I sighed, and gave him a pointed look. Antonio threw his hands up in the air.

"Blake, come on, it's a question. You never know around here sometimes." Adam said, turning back to his desk.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Al asked.