The Docks ✔️

(Chapter 13)

(Chapter 13)

We were all at the hospital waiting on news about Antonio.

Erin and I tried to comfort Laura, Dawson's wife.

"Hey,he's gonna be okay. Alright?"

"Thank you."

Then a doctor finally came.

"Is he gonna be alright?" Laura asked.

"We're gonna monitor him closely, but he may need a second surgery. He's not out of the woods yet." The doctor exclaimed. At least he's alive.

"Can I see him?"

"Of course."

Laura looked back at us, so we all followed her.

We all greeted him. Then he looked at Hank, "Balden?"

"Gone."

"Those guards?"

"Both dead." Voight replied and I sighed and looked down. This is just horrible.

"Find him."

"We will."

We walked out of the hospital room, Hank went to talk to Eva and Diego, and then gave out orders to Burgess and Atwater.

*****

"Listen up! What Pulpo did downstairs was an attack on our family. First Willhite and now Antonio. So let me be clear. Forget warrants. Forget the rules. It's on us to catch him. And when we do, he's to be handed off to me and Alvin." Voight ordered us back at the precinct.

"They found a possible getaway vehicle up on division." Jin came in.

"Any sign of Pulpo?" Ruzek asked.

"One dead male. No confirmationon the body yet."

"Let's go." Hank said.

"Hey, sarge. I'm just looking for a little clarification on what you just said." Halstead spoke up. I guess he didn't learn that you better not to question Voight.

Hank got closer to his face,"Pulpo ain't making it back to a jail cell. That clear enough for you?" This made Jay nod.

Before I could leave, Erin gently grabbed my wrist. We waited until the others left.

"What is it, Erin?" I asked.

"Annie was here. She agreed to meet Charlie only if I'm there." Erin exclaimed.

"You sure that's a good idea?" I questioned.

"Honestly, I don't know. That is why I need you there with me." Erin claimed.