Turn The Light Off ✔️

(Chapter 10)

(Chapter 10)

We went out to a crime scene at a bank. It was a robbery that got very messy.

"All right, where are we at so far?" Voight asked.

"The four guards are dead, and one guy's wounded." Jay replied.

"What'd they get?" Voight questioned.

"Eight million in cash." I said, as I looked into my notepad. "International currency shipment from Nagano,Japan,Headed down to the federal reserve on Lasalle. They cleared customs fine, and then the money came here to be loaded onto an armored car."

"Can the survivor tell us anything?" Sumner asked.

"Yeah. The one guy that's stable is Lukas Perko. He's the warehouse manager. And Eric Gonzalez, head of security." Jay said,pointing into the two guy's direction.

"All right,you grab him. We'll talk to Perko." Voight ordered.

"It doesn't make any sense. It was Reginald's birthday tomorrow. We were gonna go to the Pink Monkey, all of us." The security told us. He is in shock.

"What'd you see?" Erin asked.

"I was in my office in the back of the building. I heard,like,pop,pop,pop and by the time I got here, it was...it was,everyone was just...I mean, I tried to hold Tinker's head with my hand, but I couldn't keep the blood in."

"We're gonna need to see all of your security footage." I said.

"Yeah,whatever you need."

"What did you get from the security guy?" Hank asked when we walked back to them.

"He seemed in genuine shock. What about your guy?" Sumner asked.

"Eight million reason I can think of why one of 'em is lying." Hank replied.

*****

"All right, Perko's been with the company for two years. He's got no criminal record." Jay said. Back at the bullpen, Jay was putting pictures up on the whiteboard.

"He did have a juvey one, though. Perko and his brother Dominik got pinched at 15 on a drug conspiracy for selling meth. He had a mandatory release at 18 and stayed on the straight and narrow, but the brother kept dealing for a Croatian gang, the Two-Threes. Brother's currently serving eight years at Stateville." Lindsay said.

"Okay. So they had six video cameras, which you'd think would be aces,right? But, as you can see, cameras one and two, the crew stays too far out of frame to be any useful identification. Three and four,they stay out of frame all together. And on five,they keep their backs to the camera. And six, the one camera that they can't avoid, well it's conveniently obscured by the gate." Jin said,showing us the footages.