0:25

No one ever prepares themselves for the day they lose a loved one, let alone your mother whom you loved so very much. It was heart-wrenching to hold Amaru's hand, and see his tears trickle down his chocolate skin continuously.

He hadn't bothered with wearing sunglasses because he definitely wanted the world to know that he was not strong. He was hurt, mourning, grieving the loss of the love of his life.

It didn't matter what the preacher was saying; as he went on about meeting once again in heaven — it didn't bring any kind of comfort to him because he needed her here. Yes it was God's will, but why would His will be to hurt him? Why would He take his mother when He knew Amaru still needed her, just so he could breathe another breath.

"Today heaven celebrates gaining a soul back home, and we mourn a life lost. Our dear sister and friend, Marjorie Freya Makaveli was a fighter, who fought the good fight, and did the Lord's work. To that we say Tetelestai, it is finished." The pastor spoke during the church service before the burial.

"We cry now, because in flesh we shall see her no longer. However, let us not be weary for the Bible says, the Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and He gives us the Holy Spirit as our comforter, so let us lean into Him as He alone can heal this very big wound that festers within all of us."

She could hear Amaru's sniffles, and every loud gasp he took, and so she squeezed his hand as hard as she could —hoping to transfer just a little bit of strength to him.

Hendrichs sat besides her, stiff as a rock with his sunglasses on, and going down the bench from his left were Michael and Logan too.

The church was full to the brim, almost as though the whole neighborhood and town had stopped what they were doing to come mourn with the Makaveli family. The love in the room for the dear lady who had passed was just so tangible —you could most definitely feel it.

Soon the preacher's message came to an end, and the choir took their place to sing a song to heal the heart. It was during this moment that the congregation, starting from the back rows, stood to their feet for the commencement of the body viewing.

you don't have to worry, no don't you be afraid
joy comes in the morning, troubles they don't
last always. for there's a friend in Jesus
who will wipe your tears away…

and if your heart is broken, then lift your hands
and say…

i know that I can make it, I know that I can stand. no matter what may come my
way, my life is in your hands.

The song itself seemed to take Amaru over the edge as he let go of Shane's hand, bowing into his hands letting out all his anguish. Her eyes began to sting, as moisture clouded them and her lip joined in trembling.

She placed her hand on his back, slowly rubbing it with all the affection she could give him. Until she felt a presence behind her, and she turned her head to meet the eyes of an older lady, who seemed well within her fifties. Her slightly curly hair was neatly pinned at the back of head, her eyes slightly sheltered behind the traditional black net worn to a funeral.

She gave Shane a slight nod, and a small smile before she gently pulled Amaru into her arms. Whispering into his ear, ever so gently. She handled him with such care that only a mother could.

Shane could only take a breath, as she watched Amaru nod his head every now and then, taking note of everything the lady was saying to him. Until eventually his tears subsided, and she gave him one final hug and returned to her seat.