Part 2: The Interlude

7 months later-

Saige-

I zipped up my last suitcase before standing up and pulling the handle, I took a look around my room as I gripped the suitcase handle.

....
"You're okay, stay down." Chris assured as my breathing picked up

Bullets continued flying through the walls as me and Chris bundled up together on the ground.

"Saige where you at?!" My daddy called

"Saige-"

...

"Saige ?" I heard before turning around to see Chris.

"You good?" He asked and I nodded As I rubbed my eyes

"Come on, everybody's downstairs putting the last of everything in the cars." He said before kissing my head and grabbing my last suitcase.

We went downstairs and outside before Chris put my last suit case in my dad's car.

"Is that everything?" Uncle Dee asked and I nodded before he pulled me into a hug

"Y'all stay safe please." He said and I nodded

"Kayla and Des already on the road ?" Anthony asked

"Yep." Dee said before Anthony came over and gave me a hug also.

"Sorry again that I can't ride with y'all and help you get settled." He said before rubbing head and I shook it off

"It's fine, I know you would if you could." I said and he dapped Chris up.

"Keep looking out bro." He told him and Chris lightly laughed.

"Got you."

Once Ant and Dee left Chris grabbed his keys and we walked towards his car.

Mani was driving my car, and my daddy was driving his with Crystal. I rode with Chris because one there wasn't much space left in my car and two I just wanted to be with him.

Me and Chris did in fact make things official over the summer. After the situation happened I spent a lot a time in therapy, and with Chris and Nae. It took a minute for me and Chris both to shake off what happened so we spent that time together and eventually got together.

A lot of changes had to be made from 7 months ago. Over the summer I stayed with Anthony while Mani and my daddy stayed with Crystal. Of course I was welcome to go with them, I just felt more comfortable with Anthony.

Mentally I started to suffer worst then ever, I missed almost a month of school in January and ended up having to take some classes online to earn back my credits and I graduated on time with a 3.6 gpa.

Senior year was hard I can't even lie, but I did get some positive stuff out of it surprisingly.

"When do you start practice ?" I asked Chris

"First practice is at 6am" he said and I furrowed my eyebrows

"Wait no, workouts are at 6am to 8:00, some classes start around that time for some players I think so we're off until 4:00." He said and I nodded

"Ok that doesn't sound too hectic." I said

"4:00-7:30." He said and my mouth dropped

"Damn." I said and he nodded

"But I'll look at my schedule again and I can let you know which times in between that I'm free." He said and I nodded.

"The last time we were down here Maya took me and Nae to this sushi bar and it was really good, we should go tomorrow around 1:00 since classes aren't until Monday." I said and he nodded