17. Le modèle - The Model

"Where is he?" I asked Brice, quietly simmering with anger

"Boss spent the night in his office, but I haven't checked on him since I entered here. The news broke out, and I had to rescue you first." He replied, and managed to make me angrier.

Because of André's reckless actions, I and Brice had to suffer, and we wouldn't be the last ones. Everyone was in uproar right now, and we didn't even know what that man was doing.

"I'm going to talk to him. Don't follow me, and make sure everyone stays out of that floor." I ordered him.

I was about to take a turn for the elevator, when a loud voice interrupted the silent gossip of the sixth floor.

"I asked, where is that bitch?" Someone shouted with their full might.

The voice was nasal and pierced my ears, and this woman sounded furious. It was so similar to how Jolene Beaumont sounded when she got loud, but this voice wasn't hers. Confused, I turned to Brice, who shook his head.

"I'm sorry, Miss Fontaine. You will have to handle another bratty woman. Surprisingly, our company has one too many of these women."

I liked how he was on the same page as me, but his words still didn't ring a bell in my head. Who was he referring to, this time?

Someone must have told the woman about me, and I heard the distinctive sound of heels clicking the floor. She was coming towards me, whoever she was. I braced myself for what was about to come, or rather who. And of course, when that woman stood in front of me, I realized I would need a lot more than just bracing myself.

The said woman was Madison Thomas, aka Maddy, aka the best supermodel in the whole of America, aka the Maddy Jolene wanted her son to marry. Although the last one was still a huge speculation on my part, I was ninety-eight percent sure that that Maddy was this Maddy.

I surveyed the woman I'd only ever seen on TV. She had her signature straight blonde hair thrown over her shoulders, almond shaped eyes the color of the sky, a slender nose and naturally high cheekbones, and full pink lips coated in dark red lipstick. Draped in a silk red dress that barely covered anything, and matching shoes, she strutted towards me as if she was on a runway.

There were only two things on my mind – how, and why did André refuse to marry a woman like her? And of course, how she overpowered me with just her presence.

Everyone's eyes were on us, my team members' jaws were slack, and the room went absolutely silent, ready to soak up all the drama that was about to unfold here. A searing headache formed in my mind, and I craved only one thing in that moment – coffee. That bitter coffee which tasted oh so sweet on days like this.

But, of course, I couldn't have what I wanted. Instead, I got a devil in six inch red heels towering over my naturally tall frame. Her icy eyes shot glaciers at me, moving up and down and all over my body. Her actions gave me goosebumps, and I cursed André once again for throwing me in this rut, while he was peacefully sleeping upstairs.