26. Le pardon - The Forgiveness

"Just because you both live in the same house, doesn't mean you have to leave together

"Just because you both live in the same house, doesn't mean you have to leave together. André can just suck it and come to my place to pick you up!"

Lily rattled off in my ear, making me sigh for the hubdredth time. Why was this woman so demanding?

"Lily, could you shut up for a second and let me speak?" I asked her sardonically.

"Yeah, what?" She barked.

"Fine. I'll come. I'm coming to your place to get ready for my engagement. Happy now?"

She chuckled. "Perfect. You should have just said that earlier."

I sighed again. "Right, I should have."

But she was unstoppable. "So, what does the dress look like? You didn’t even take me with you, so that I would have forced you to buy a sexy number. You just came back with some dress that covers all of you, right?"

I smiled at her antics. This was the reason I didn't bring her along, and she knew it very well. Although it hadn't been long, she seemed to be too invested in the friendship. It's not like I minded, the sight made me warm. I just never knew I too would accept her as a part of my life so readily.

"Its a really nice one. Elegant, yet something that would make me stand out. I hate to stand out, but I know it's necessary. Anyway, this is all for the description. You're gonna see the rest of the dress very soon."

My engagement was just a day away, and things were more hectic than ever. My soon to be mother-in-law didn't even want to face me, while André was out partying every time I wanted to talk to him, and Madison had been sending me glares every time she saw me in the company.

According to me, it was the perfect premise for a wedding.

I was called back to the conversation when Lily replied, "Alright, if you say so. But if the dress isn't upto my standards, we're changing it right then. Promise me."

"Alright, I promise," I said, feeling it was easier to shut off this topic if I'd just agree with her.

After I cut the call, I opened the back doors to the garden and stepped out into the silent night. The sound of crickets were the only sound I could hear, apart from the sweet tinkling of the water fountain. It soothed my nerves and reminded me of Chantilly, so I'd made it a habit of visiting this garden every once in a while.

Although I liked to sit in this garden during the day too, the ambience at night was unmatched. The stillness and emptiness of the place called out to me, and watching the soft moonlight glow from under the trees was an experience I never wanted to forget.

But today, I realized that I wasn't alone. A silhouette appeared behind the fountain. He was standing with his hands behind his back, observing the stars in the night sky. I instantly recognized his grey hair, and knew he was Florian. Finding him in the garden wasn't shocking, since this was his home.