27. The Fighting Uruk-hai

The Orthanc rises through plumes of black smoke. Saruman and a large Orc stand in the rising sun in an inner chamber of Orthanc. "Do you know how the Orcs first came into being? They were Elves once, taken by the dark powers. Tortured and mutilated..." The Orc growls. "... a ruined and terrible form of life. And now... perfected: my fighting Uruk-hai. Whom do you serve?" the orc still looking ahead growled out his answer, "Saruman!"

The Uruk-hai are fitted with armor and are given weapons. They receive white handprints on their heads and faces. They then assemble in a great cavern beneath a high balcony. "Hunt them down! Do not stop until they are found. You do not know pain; you do not know fear. You will taste man-flesh!" The Uruk-hai raise their weapons, shaking them with a roar. Saruman speaks to the Uruk-hai leader whom he spoke with in his chamber, as they stand on the balcony.

"One of the Halflings carries something of great value. Bring them to me alive, and unspoiled. Kill the others!" An Uruk-hai troop leaves Isengard in a long column.

***

Deep in the mountains of the northern most remote places of Middle-Earth, a cloaked form stood before a mounted basin of water, they were looking deep within when someone walked into the room

Deep in the mountains of the northern most remote places of Middle-Earth, a cloaked form stood before a mounted basin of water, they were looking deep within when someone walked into the room. This person was dressed from head to toe in armor and in built like a mountain. "Tell me you found them." he said as he approached the cloaked figure. His steps surprisingly light for such a huge being.

"Yes," the cloaked person said, a soft but clear feminine voice coming out from the hood. "Lady Zarsa, that doesn't sound like a very confident response," the warrior said, "I wish it was, but they're lives are too deeply mixed in with that of the elves, men and dwarves. If we intervened now, it would surely make them refuse to come," Lady Zarsa said and the warrior sighed, "But if they stay their future lines will lose all dragon essence," he said,

"I know, Albim. We've already lost our kin everywhere else, the last of the royal line of Qodris is all we have left, with the families we were able to save, we helped grow." she said as she lowered her hood. Revealing a beautiful woman with stark white long fluffy hair with matching horns, decorated with strings of white chains. Dangling from them are ice like crystals to match her delicate icy blue eyes.

Albim holds his hand out for her, which she takes as he helps her down from the spot she'd been at. It's obvious from the respect she gets from him that she holds a position of power and is worthy of his respect and care of her. When she stands before him, he can see how small she is compared. Most from their race are tall and strong but there is Weyrs* in their race that are meant for the intellectual parts of their society.

Such as scholars, healers, instructors, and such, but one such that is even rarer are the seers. That is what Lady Zarsa is. She sees the future and can find people of any race through tools and skills that pertain or correspond with the abilities she gets from her foresight. So, she is heavily protected and the current leader of their people. "I do have some good news though," she said and Albim looked at her.

He waited as she faced him, "Rynnyl's daughter will be in need of our help soon, so I need you and some of your men to rush and meet her," he removed his helmet and she fought off the impulse to sigh in delight, Albim is a handsome warrior but rarely shows his face because he's always wearing his armor and helm. So, when Zarsa can see his face its always breath taking. Taking her hand, she marveled at how small it looked in his.

 Taking her hand, she marveled at how small it looked in his

Kneeling he leaned into her hand and kissed the back of it. His facial hair a bit rough but she wasn't bothered. He was only a few years older, but they grew up together and she's head over heels for him. She knows that she'll only ever love him. "You'll find them at Parth Galen, the grassy slope leading from the wooded hill of Amon Hen down to the Anduin, just north of the Falls of Rauros." she said as he stood up and put his helm back on.

"Thank you Lady Zarsa, I will help them in anyway I'll need to," he said, and she nodded, turning to leave she didn't stop herself from catching his arm, he looked back at her, "Be careful, I want you to come back safe too," she said. His hand came up and cupped her cheek before backing up and leaving. 

***

A/N: This is a note to explain the bolded word, it's a term used to describe a large group of dragons. Also, I added in some info about dragons because I wanted to and because if i hadn't this chapter would have been stupid short. Literally under 200 words and less than a paragraph. Also, I don't own the art for the two dragons.