Chapter Eleven

#MultiverseInterludeChapter11

"Is that all you can say...?" I assured them because I don't think he was being serious throughout the whole meeting in this room.

It sounded like it's no big deal when it's actually a big deal.

Most of the time when there are high-risk missions, they all have that worried face--- but this freaking man in front of me was even smiling.

It's not that it was a smile of pain, it was flirtatious. And I already know what the reason was and it's because of his ex-wife.

He cleared his throat and he looked at me kind of embarrassed of my question. He bit his lower lip and began to talk again.

"Ah... yes that's all, and we don't worry that much—" I cut his words off.

"Why the heck are we not going to worry that much about it?" in my irritated voice while raising my brow at him.

"Because there are no threats against her?" I acted with my fake personality in response. "So what is the point of having all of us here if there is none naman pala diba?"

"With a threat or none, we always hold a meeting like this, Alyona. You can actually leave if you want to, but of course, that means the mission has officially begun." I smile plastered on my face and making it wider.

I was about to shoot my words at him, but he happened. "But she stayed."

A smile formed on Clint's face looking at me as he is trying to hide his smirk inside his smile.

"Why do you think she stayed?"

"Because she is invested in this mission, in return for her freedom," Arthur said with no emotions on his face, he was calm and fierce while talking to the commander.

"Was she really invested in this?" and now his brows furrowed with that question, I gulped hard and stared intensely at the commander. "Were you really invested in yourself Alyona Miroslava?" he continued like he hit the jackpot.

But the thing is that... I don't understand what he meant by that.

Why the hell he is asking me if I were invested?

I am not the mission of this goal; I am the assassin of this mission.

"Dismissed," he while taking all of his things to the table and leaving all of us in silence.

Moments passed, and every member was already leaving.

And it is only the two of us now.

I drew out a deep breathe-trying to gain energy so I can finally talk to him about what mattered between us at this point.