22

Status: Unedited

Published: July 30, 2022

Tae Young woke up the next day with around 30 missed calls from Jesse and with a pounding headache. He notices he now had an IV tube on him, with tubes in his nostrils to help him maintain his oxygen intake.

He looks around to explore his surrounding. He was in a white room with a flat screen TV hanging on the wall, his heart monitor on his right side.

Tae Young felt his throat was dry so he sat up and looked for water.

Nothing.

He slumped back in bed, his throat scratchy. "... Y/n..." he mumbled, feeling dizzy.

After he called your name, Tengen's ears perked up and he looked up from his phone. He stuffed his phone in his pocket and walked away from the table, leaving his drink behind.

The bartender raised a brow, "where are you headed, Mr. Uzui?" he asked, making Tengen turn his head. "I'm gonna go check on Y/n, be right back," he says, disappearing in thin air.

He arrived in front of the door of the room where he heard Tae Young say your name.

"What the heck's he doing here..?" he asked himself, opening the door and stepping inside.

Tae Young's eyes slowly opened again as he turned his head to his right, seeing Tengen standing by the door. "Hey, man... do you have some water by any chance..?" he asked with his hoarse voice.

Tengen held up a hand with his palm facing him, "hold up, let me go get some," he says, only to bump into Shinobu with a tray of food, tick marks present on her face. "Move," she says firmly, pushing Tengen out of the way as she approaches Tae Young with a small deadly smile.

"Hello Tae Young, how are you feeling?" she asked, setting down his food tray on his bedside table. Tae Young was uncomfortable with her tone but still answered, "I'm feeling fine, thank you..." he replies.

Shinobu kept silent about you, trying to keep her questions in as she tends to Tae Young.

You and Nezuko however, were disturbed by the Demon Lord's sudden call of all his subordinates. You and Nezuko may have escaped his control, but his cells never left your bodies.

You ended up waking in cold sweat, blood leaking from the side of your lips as your heart rate increased. You calmed down and sat up, running your fingers through your hair.

You took off the IV needles and looked for scissors.

You cut your fingers off, one by one. It was painful, yes, but your tears didn't come out.

Numb.

You were emotionally numb.

You let go of the scissors and walked back to your bed, fingers and toes all gone as your wounds continue to bleed endlessly.

You haven't eaten in two days, one of the reasons why you couldn't regenerate. You lay in bed, thinking of what you had just heard through Muzan's cells.

He sat on his throne, all of his subordinates direct or not bowing before him to show respect.

"I have called you all here to happily inform you that the day we get to finish every last one of the Demon Slayer Corps will be under a Lunar Eclipse...

For the new born demons who are currently in my presence, Lunar Eclipses give extraordinary strength to demons like us, a strength you have never felt before.