Lunch with Pelle

Once you got to your car, Pelle threw his bag in the backseat and as you were getting into the driver's seat he opened the passenger side and got in.  He leaned over and caressed your cheek softly and leaned towards you and moved his hand to the back of your head and pulled you into his face and gave you the longest, deepest, hardest, most passionate kiss that you've ever had in your life.
You looked at him and said with a satisfied grin on your face.
"What was that for!?"
He smiled ear to ear and softly replied,
"I wanted to do that as soon as I got off the plane, but I wasn't sure how you felt about getting that intimate in front of total strangers."
You sat there for a second thinking about how thoughtful that was of him.  You didn't really care about PDA, especially with Pelle.  He was your boyfriend and you were head over heels in love with him. 
"So...where are we heading?"  He said looking around through the windows of the car.
"Have you ever had Mexican food?"
"No."
"Well, how adventurous are you feeling today?  Are you in the mood for something new or would you rather play it safe and eat something that you're familiar with?"
He paused for a minute and said,
"Well, I'm in a new country, so I'll let my beautiful girlfriend decide."
You smiled and blushed at his sweet words and said,
"Ok, Mexican food it is!"
He smiled and took your hand and held it as you backed out of your parking spot and started heading towards the mountains.

As you were driving the two of you were talking non-stop.  You thought that after a year there wouldn't be as much to talk about, but there was.  He paused and asked,
"Hey, do you have any music in the car?"
"If you reach under your seat, there is a case logic with some CDs in it.""  He did just that and put the giant case on his lap and started flipping through the cd pages and pulled out Metallica's Master of Puppets.
"Good choice babe!"  He grabbed your hand again and gave it a soft kiss and said,
"If I recall, this is your favorite." 
"You recall correctly."  You said smiling and raising his hand to your lips and kissing it.  He smiled and started looking around and said,
"This is a cool little town.  Where are we?"
"We are in Manitou Springs, Colorado.  It's a BIG tourist town and is usually packed from  asshole to elbow from May through August and then the visitors leave and we have our little town back until next year.  You're lucky that you came out during the fall, you get to see the aspens change color!"
"Aspens?"
"They're trees that are indigenous to our region.  The leaves on them are like little coins and when they turn it's a beautiful sight."
"When do I get to see that!?"
"After lunch.  I live up the mountain in Woodland Park."
"I can't wait!" He said.

You drive up the road a little bit and reach your destination, The Loop, a little Mexican restaurant at the bottom of Ute Pass.  You thought it would be a good choice for lunch as it was on the way home.  Pelle got out of the car and walked over to your side of the car just a you were getting out.  He put his arm around you and you put your arm under his open leather jacket around his waist.  You were screaming on the inside as the reality hit you that he was here and you were with him, this wasn't a dream!
As you walked across the street arm and arm together, you put your head on his  chest and he leaned down to kiss it.
"I'm so happy to finally be here with you Michelle." 
"I feel the same.  I just hope this isn't a dream that I'm going to wake up from."
He stopped outside the restaurant doors and turned you to face him and said,
"Michelle, I am really here and this isn't a dream.  I'm not going anywhere.  At least not until the New Year."
You felt a little bit of comfort in his words but at the same time you felt an empty pit in your stomach because you knew that in the two months he was going to be in America with you, the two of you were only going to grow closer in that time and the day he leaves part of you is going to die.
He pulled you into him and gave you a tight hug and kissed you on top of your head and as the two of you were in your tight embrace an older woman walked by and as she entered the restaurant said to her husband,
"Aww, young love."
You and Pelle looked at one another and smiled. 
"Come on, let's see what this Mexican food is and why you love it so much."  He opened the door for you.

As two of you entered the restaurant, you were greeted by the hostess and you said,
"Two and can we please have a seat facing the mountains?"
"Sure. Right this way."
She walked ahead of you and Pelle and as you approached the table she asked,
"Is this ok?"
"This is great!"
You and Pelle sat across from one another and he put his hand face up on the table and you put your hands in his.
"I can't believe that I'm here in this beautiful state and that you are sitting here in front of of me!" He said squeezing your hand.  You smiled at him and he leaned over the table and you met him halfway and you kissed.  You both sat back down and you said,
"I'm starving!"
"I am too!" He said as he picked up the menu.  "What's good?"
"Well, do you want to start off with an appetizer or just go right in there and get some real food?"
"Real food!"
"Ok! Since its your first time eating such spicy food, I think you should start off with tacos or a burrito."
"What's a burrito?"
You found a picture of one on your menu and showed him what it looked like and told him what was inside of it. 
"Well, what are you gonna get?"  He said looking at you.
"Probably the taco platter, it comes with 3 tacos, refried beans and Mexican rice."  The server came over and said,
"Hi I'm Lacey.  Can I start you off with some drinks or appetizers?"
I looked at Pelle and back at the server and said,
"I'll take a Diet Coke."
She turned to Pelle and asked,
"And for you?"
"Coke, please."  Before she started to walk away I said,
"Could you bring us some chips and salsa too?"
"Sure."
She walked away and he said,
"I thought we were only getting real food."
"We are, but i thought that we could have a little something while we were waiting for our food to get here.  I mean we haven't even ordered yet." 
He looked at you with a smirk on his face and you squinched up your face and stuck your tongue out.  That made him laugh.
"You're so cute." He said smiling.
The server brought your drinks and chips and salsa over and asked,
"Are you ready to order or do you still need a few minutes?"
"I think we are ready, I'll have the taco platter."
Pelle was sipping his coke and she said,
"For you?"
"I'll have what she's having."  He glanced at you and caught you looking at him.  You smiled and puckered up your lips at him.  She grabbed our menus and left the table.  Pelle got up and came to sit next to you.  He leaned in and said in your ear.
"I'm sorry, I saw you pucker up your lips realized that I needed to be closer to you while we are waiting on our food.  I also can't go another minute without kissing you." 
You both kissed each other and then you turned away from his gaze got a chip and put some salsa on it and said,
"Here.  Try this."
You held your hand under the chip so you didn't get salsa on him.  He leaned in and opened his mouth and began to chew.
"Mmmm.  It's good.  Spicy."
You smiled and grabbed a chip for yourself and he grabbed another. 
"So, how's your band doing?"
"Really good!"
"They didn't mind you taking a break for two months?"
"Nope, they know about us and when you offered for me to come over here to see you, they were happy for me.  I wrote some lyrics while I was on the plane and while I was waiting for my flight here from New York City, after I went through customs."
"That's awesome Pelle."
"You can read them later if you want!"
"I would LOVE that!"  You said. "Here she comes with our food."
Pelle got up and moved back to his side of the table just as she got there.
"Be careful, the plates are extremely hot."  She put your plate down in front of you and then put Pelle's plate in front of him.  "Is there anything else I can bring you?"
"No thank you."
She nodded her head and left.  Pelle looked at his plate and then looked at you.  You were pretty sure that he wasn't all that clear on exactly how to eat a taco so you picked yours up and took a bite.  He did the same.
"Holy shit! This is fucking amazing!" 
You smiled at him and said,
"That's nothing.  Wait until I cook for you tonight."
You were really proud of your Sicilian heritage and he knew this. 
"I can't wait for that!"  He said as he was taking another bite.
He was obviously hungrier now.  "You know what else I can't wait for?"
"What's that babe?"
"To finally be alone with you."  He replied looking at you with the grin of the Cheshire Cat on his face. 
Your heart started pounding because you knew exactly what he meant.  You were looking forward to it too.  You were aware of just what he meant by that and you were having so much fun with him that you had forgotten that it was inevitable that you two were going to be sleeping in the same bed with each other and after a year you both were going to be taking it to the next level.  You shivered with anticipation.
The two of you talked all through lunch and it was finally time to start heading up the mountain to take Pelle home with you.  You paid half the bill and he paid the other half.  Both of you got up from your seats and left the restaurant the same way you entered, arms around each other joined at the hip.