Welcome to Norway

It had been an extremely long flight when the flight attendant came on the PA system saying that we are starting to make the decent to land and that everyone and their trays need to be in their full and upright positions. Everyone onboard began to wake up and shuffle their belongings placing them under the seat in front of them and made sure that their seats were upright. You looked out the window and thought how close you were to Pelle right now, you were even more excited as soon as you saw land. You knew that he was home either still sleeping or just waking up. That thought made you smile from ear to ear because you know what he looks like when he first wakes up, his grouchy little face with his eyes barely opened and his long, beautiful blonde hair all messy and hanging in his face. He was just beautiful no matter which way you sliced it.

Your heart began pounding with excitement the closer your window became with the ground. Once you touched down your heart was singing. You were officially the furthest away from home than you've ever been before. You now knew how Pelle felt when he landed in America. Everyone started filing off the plane, so you grabbed your things and Toby's leash and had Toby get out ahead of you. As the passengers in front of you started to walk so did Toby. These next few steps to get off of the aircraft were KILLING you. It was time you and Toby got off of the plane, finally!! Once you were on the jetway you and Toby began to run for the airport and then you saw Jorn standing there waiting for you. He met you halfway and gave you a big, tight hug and then squat down to give Toby some love.
    "Welcome to Norway!"
    "Oh, thank you." You said smiling.
    "Are you hungry?"
    "Famished."
    "I know a great place where we can grab breakfast."
    "Sounds good! Let's go get my luggage and get out of here."
Jorn chuckled and replied,
    "Ok sounds good."
He took Toby's leash from your hand and walked him through the airport. You walked over to the baggage carousel and waited patiently for your purple suitcase to show up. After ten minutes of waiting you saw it. You grabbed the handle as it came by,
    "Ok Jorn, I am ready to see Norway!"
    "Ok, let's go then."
He was still walking Toby as you were pulling your luggage behind you. You followed him as he walked over to his truck. He looked at you and asked,
    Do you want Toby in the cab in the front with us or in the bed of the truck?"
    "Put him in the bed, let him sniff in the new air!"
Jorn got Toby into the back of the truck and removed his leash from his collar and handed it to you in the cab once he was in.
He started the ignition and you guys pulled away from the airport. It was a dark and gloomy day but it was still beautiful. As Jorn was driving you to breakfast, he said,
    "Listen, you're not going to have to hang with me as long as you thought you were today. Oystein wants to do an earlier rehearsal once he found out I was off of work today. So you and Pelle are going to be reunited sooner than you thought."
You must've had quite the look of excitement on your face because he looked at you and began to laugh. You looked at him with your mouth still dropped and said,
    "Seriously, that was the perfect news to give me after that flight."
You touched the side of his arm and then sat forward in awe of your amazing luck.
    "Oystein and Pelle have no clue that you're here."
    "They're gonna be shocked to shit huh?!?"
    "Especially Pelle." He said smiling.
    "Well, it wouldn't have been all that bad hanging out with you all day today. I get along with you."
He smiled and put his eyes back on the road. He pulled into this cute little diner and you both put Toby in the cab and left the windows cracked for him. The two of you walked into the restaurant and were immediately seated. As he sat across from you, you asked him,
    "So what time did he move the rehearsal time to?"
    "Noon." He said staring at you, and started laughing again at your reaction. "I figured that after breakfast, I'll take you to my place and you can freshen up from your trip. You know, shower and then do the girly shapeshifting thing you do."
You laughed and the waitress came over to take our drink order. After she left, Jorn looked at you and said,
    "He is just absolutely gonna shit when he sees you!" He said laughing.
    "I hope so!"
    "He has no idea how close he is to you right at this moment."
You leaned forward and said,
    "I knoooow! I hated lying to him and telling him I was going to NY. Do you think he's gonna be mad?"
    "I highly doubt that very much."
You sat across from him and smiled. It was nine AM and you had three hours before you see him. You were excited beyond belief.
    "So I was thinking about getting there early so that you can go into the henhouse and surprise him when he gets there."
"Two and a half hours." You thought after Jorn told you that. Once the waitress brought your drinks over she asked if you were ready to order and you both ordered. She took the menus with her and went over to the window to put your order in.
You and Jorn were sitting by a window and you both could see Toby in the truck with his nose out of the window sniffing at everything and everyone that went by. The two of you laughed and you asked,
    "So how are the rehearsals going?"
He sat up straight and said,
    "Really well actually. Everyone sounds really great and we are tight as hell."
    "Are you guys gonna be ready for the gig?"
    "For sure." He said as the waitress come over and put the food on the table in front of you and Jorn.
    "That's awesome." You said looking over your breakfast, grabbing your napkin and putting it on your lap. Jorn had already started eating and swallowed and said,
    "You'll be able to see for yourself today when you're at practice."
Your eyes got wide again as you were chewing and you quickly swallowed and said,
    "That's right! I'll be seeing you guys rehearse today.. just another thing for me to look forward to."
The two of you had a great breakfast with great conversation. Jorn is hilarious and tells some really good jokes. He had you laughing so hard over breakfast that you were drawing attention to your table. Especially after he told a joke and you laughed and orange juice came out of your nose.
After breakfast you tried to pick up the tab when the check came, but Jorn was not having it.   
    "It's MY treat!" He said winning the battle over the ticket. He looked at it and reached for his wallet in the back of his jeans and paid the bill. He looked at you and said,
    "Are you ready?"
    "Sure am."
You grabbed the sausages that you had left on your plate, put them in a napkin and brought them out for Toby. The flight was hard on him and you wanted to reward him for being such a good boy on a thirteen hour flight. You handed Jorn the napkin and asked,
    "Do you want to feed these to him?"
    "Yeah." He said taking the sausage filled napkin out of your hand. He walked over to the truck and opened the passenger side door for you and then fed Toby the contents of the napkin. Toby was so happy that he licked Jorn's face clean. The two of you got in his truck and headed for his place.