Scheming with Jorn

After two months of talking on the phone for hours on end, you got the bright idea after a three hour long phone conversation with an unusually depressed Pelle, that you were gong to book a flight to Norway and surprise Pelle.  You went through your little phone book and found Jorn's number and gave him a call.  As you dialed the number, Toby walked over to your lap and you pet his head just as Jorn picked up on the other end,
"Jorn?"
"Yeah."
"Hey It's me.  I was wondering if you could do me a favor?"
"Sure, what is it?"
"I don't know if you've noticed or not but Pelle has been acting strange lately...". Jorn interrupted and said,
"Yeah, he's been really depressed lately."
"Exactly!!  So I was thinking about coming out there until it's time for you guys to head back over to the states fir that gig in April."
"That would be fantastic!  I know it would really lift his spirits having you out here."
"I need to check with Oystein and ask if it would be ok for me to stay at the house with them while I'm out there.  Do you think you can keep this between us?"
"Yes, of course."
"Thank you!  Also, would you be able to pick me up from the airport?"
"I'd be honored!"
"Thank you Jorn."
"Hey, if I were you I wouldn't call Oystein, if he gets wind of you coming out here he's going to tell Pelle and it will ruin the surprise."
"Thanks for letting me know."
"Not a problem, just call me with your flight details.  I promise you can trust me to keep yur secret."
"I know Jorn, and I appreciate you helping me."
"Are you going to bring Toby?"
"I might kennel him, I'm not sure if he can take that long trip."
"I'm sure you know what's best for him."
"I can hear that hint of guilt in your voice."
"I should hope so...I know it would cheer Pelle up if you were able to bring him."
"Ok...I'll think about it." 
"I'm sure you'll make the right decision." He said laughing.
"Jorn...I think YOU want to see Toby."
He continued to laugh and chimed in with,
"I have no idea what you're talking about."
You both continued to laugh and finally ended on the notion that you will call him back after you book your fight to Norway so he would know what time to pick you up at the airport.  You said your goodbyes and hung up.  Once you ended your call with Jorn, you called the travel agent and began the process of booking your flight to Norway and wanted to make sure that it was within the next few days.  The travel agent said that they could get you on a flight in the next three days.
"That's fantastic!  Can you get me a flight that will arrive in Oslo in the morning?"
You could hear her clicking her keyboard and then she said,
"I have a flight that leaves Colorado Springs at 7:00 pm with two layovers, one in Denver for about an hour and from there you'll go onto London and have a two hour layover and onto Oslo from there which means that you should get there around  8:00 am. Will that work for you?"
"Yes, absolutely!  Can you book that flight for me?"
"Yes." 
You could hear her typing and booking your trip and within five minutes she confirmed your flight and asked,
"Would you like me have these tickets overnighted to your home or would you like to pick them up here at the agency?"
"I can pick those up today, if that's ok."
"I will print these out and they should be ready by the time you get here.  Will you be needing a hotel or rental car?"
"No thank you, I have friends there."
"Very good! We will see you when you get here."
"Oh, before you go, I have a big dog that I would like to bring with me,  Do I have to purchase a seat for him?"
"Yes ma'am you will need to purchase a separate seat for your dog,"
She added Toby on your ticket and put him in the seat that's next to you. The two of you hung up the phone and you dialed Jorn's number.
"Hello."
"Hi Jorn it's me again."
"Did you already book your flight?"
"I did, I will be there in three days and I will have Toby with me!"
"Awesome!  What time are you going to be getting in?  We have rehearsal that day,"
"I should be getting in at 8:00am.  What time is rehearsal?"
"We normally start around 1:00."
"Can I hang with you until it's time to go to rehearsal?"
"I'd love that!"
"Cool, me too!"
       "We should show up early to the henhouse early, this way, you'll be there when Pelle gets there."
       "That's a great idea!  He won't know what hit him!"
You and Jorn said your goodbyes and you both hung up and you got in the shower to get ready to go out and purchase everything that you would need for your long journey to Norway.  As you turned the water off in the shower and grabbed your towel to dry off, the phone rang.
"Shit, shit, shit!" You said as you hopped out of the shower, wrapping your towel around you as you ran to catch the phone.  You picked up and said slightly out of breath,
"Hello."
The voice on the other end spoke,
"Good Morning to you babe."
"PELLE!!!"  Your heart sang as you said his name.
"I miss you so much!"
"Oh baby, I miss you so much too!"
"Only about a month until we see each other again," he said.
"I know!  I cannot wait!"
"I just have a feeling that this next month is going to go by so slow.  How are you and Toby doing?"
"We miss you like crazy, it's so quiet and lonely here without you. How are things going over there?  You guys been rehearsing for the gig next month?"
"Things have been going ok.  We've been rehearsing more than we usually do, but I've just been having a hard time concentrating on things because I'm really missing you."
You paused for a moment trying to think of something to say without giving away your delicious secret,
"I am feeling the same way you are.  I can't focus on anything either but we've made it this far and now we only have a short time left until we are together again,"
"I can't wait to be able to hold you again,"
Your body became flush with fever when you heard him may that.  You felt all warm and fuzzy.
"I can't wait for that either.  I also can't wait until I can kiss your soft lips again.  I wish I was there right now."  You said to him, knowing that within three days you were going to be face to face with him again.  Part of you felt guilty knowing that he was going to continue to feel sad because as far as he was concerned the two of you wouldn't see each other for a month.
"I'm so glad that you haven't given up on me."
"Now why would I do that?  You are the love of my life Pelle.  I'm never, ever going to leave you or give up on you.  You own my heart and soul...and you always will."
"Other than music, you are my everything.  I want to bring you home to Sweden for Christmas to meet my family and friends.  I want them to know that I'm very serious about our relationship."
"Really?" You replied with a huge smile on your face.
"Yes!  I talked to my brother the other night and I told him about you and he can't wait to meet you."
"Does anyone else in your family know about me?"
"Well, Anders is really good about keeping secrets.  My mother, of course, already knows about you, and she can't wait to meet you either."
"Well, I would love to meet your family." You said smiling ear to ear.
You and Pelle spoke on the phone for another forty five minutes and he finally said,
"Well, I better get going, we are having a late rehearsal tonight and after talking to you, I feel better and much more focused."
"That's so good to hear!  whenever you call, I always feel better...even if it's just to be able to hear your voice."
"I love you." He said.
"I love you too!"
"I miss you, too." He said.
"I miss you more!"
"Impossible."  He stated.
The two of you said your goodbyes and hung up the phone.  You laid on your bed for a moment, with the phone against your chest thinking about everything that he had said to you during that conversation.  Then you started thinking about everything that you had to do before you left on Wednesday.  After all, the next time you would be home, you would have all four guys with you.  You had to make sure that everything was ready for their return.  You had to clean and make sure that the bedsheets were washed and all of their room cleaned.  You arose from your bed and got ready to get on with your day.  So much to do and so little time to do it.