Royal Pain | Loki Laufyson [2/2]

Requested By: potatosalad24 Asomniac ppastel

Genre: ❤

Warnings: ahhhhh

--

Months had passed, and Loki had only grown more bitter. He was in Asgard now, rotting in a cell that seemed so elegant and was yet so torturous.

The dark haired man had given into his frustrations, he had been close to his cell mate, in the short time they had together, and you had still betrayed him. But why?

He wasn't stupid. He had realised that you had probably planned to escape since before you were even thrown in that glass box. He was just an unexpected variable to you, one that proved useful when the shield guards were too focused on keeping him contained to go after you.

He hated that he was trying to justify your actions in betraying him.

He wanted to hate you.

He had spent months trying, but it was fruitless. He couldn't.

So when the day came that a small tapping sound was heard from outside his cell, and he looked up to see your face, Loki froze.

He didn't know how to feel. He wanted to feel so many things at once but couldn't organise which should be more prominent, he was happy, sad and angry, confused and sceptical.

"Hey.."

"Hey...? Hey?" He chose angry. "You left me to rot in a cell designed to kill us and all you have to say is 'hey'?"

"Loki, I'm sorry." You sighed as you could no longer meet his eyes, guilt coursing through your own. "I shouldn't have left you back there, but-"

"But what?"

"But... I came back? I'm here now." You looked into his green eyes, your own guilt clouded [E/c] orbs clashing with such sadness and betrayal. You never meant to hurt him, you never wanted that.

"You're here to get me out?" He asks, voice cracking slightly, overwhelmed at the idea of this man caring enough for him to come back and brave the unknown realm of Asgard.

"Yeah, of course I am, Mischief." He smiled, before his face turned serious. He placed both hands on the barrier, pushing as though attempting to faze through it. He managed it, cheering as he landed inside the cell.

"Yknow it's designed to keep prisoners in, and your dna isn't registered as a prisoner here." Loki chuckled, watching the grin drop from the man's face.

"Then how-?" The male's face glanced between the messy Prince and the cell walls. [Y/n]'s face hardened as he thought, Loki almost jumped when a hand was held out to him. "I know this isn't very warranted... but trust me?"

Loki scoffed, letting his hair hide his face as he turned, crossing his arms.

"I know I've let you down, Mischief..." [Y/n] stepped forward, hands gracing the pale elbows of the other, rubbing small circles with his thumbs. "But I really do care for you, and, I truly didn't plan on it... but I am so glad I met you, love... so please?"

The ravenette turned back to the other, eyebrows furrowed, contemplating the words he said. He looked unsure, but a little desperate to believe the man before him. "You mean that?"

"Of course, love!" He spoke, his hands changing from their hold on his arms, to cupping his cheeks. His eyebrows furrowed, picking up on the mental turmoil of the other. Loki's cheeks flared a soft pink, a small smile reaching his slightly mushed cheeks.

"Okay... I trust you."

--

Years had passed since that fateful day, the teleporter and sorcerer had vacated all known planets to them, choosing instead to travel the cosmos in an attempts to evade capture. The duo had stolen a ship after injuring themselves and jumping through the prison barrier, breaking a lot of Asgardian art and architecture on their way out. Once they had gotten away from the golden city, and the guards had stopped trying to chase them, Loki had been suprised by a kiss. The outgoing male's excitement having got the best of him in that moment.

They had begun dating shortly after, a year flowing by like nothing and the two tied the knot.

Loki couldn't be happier, his head resting on the male's bare chest, own body naked and loosely covered by the thin blanket in their room. The ship had been stationed on a small moon, while the two got some shut-eye. The green eyed male smiled as fingers ran up and down his spine, caressing his delicately pale skin. He looked up to the male, smiling at his position, arm cushioning his head with his eyes closed and a smile.

"I love you."

Eye shot open, looking down to the Prince with a warm smile. The hand tracing his back moved to his braided hair, massaging his fingers against the male's scalp.

"I love you too, Mischief."

The Prince smiled at the nickname, raising lightly on his hands and leaning forward, placing his smooth lips of the rough one's of the longtime criminal.

As they broke apart, [Y/n] grabbed his ringed hand, gently bringing it to his lips... it was an action that meant he lived only for Loki, and ensured he would never hurt him ever again.

It was an action that made Loki glad to have trusted him all those years ago.