Secrets | Tony Stark

Requested by: A_Short_ass_Hispanic

Genre: 💙

Warnings: None

Other: None

--

The famous Stark Christmas party was in full swing, myself handing to the edges of the chaos and crowds. My [H/c] hair had been slicked back and I was wearing a casual suit, with a tie I was told brought out my [E/c] eyes.

I grabbed a glass of champagne from a passing server, walking through the room, looking for the man of the hour.

Tony Stark.

The man who I had been secretly dating for the past several months.

He had asked me to come to his party, however, since I arrived I have only caught glimpses of him. The playboy seemed to be avoiding me, which only succeeded in pissing me off as the night went on.

I made my way over to the bar, downing my champagne and ordering something stronger. The whiskey was placed in front of me, which I gladly accepted and almost immediately started drinking.

"Woah slow down tiger, the night is still young, you don't want to be out yet." The sultry voice of a red haired woman called to me as she came to the bar next to me. I looked her over, seeing the cropped red hair, the obvious muscles hiding just beneath her skin, a signature black dress hugging her figure.

"And by what miracle have I the famous Black Widow talking to someone like me?" I chuckled, though it remained dry as my mood did not lessen. She seemed to take note of this, leaning against the bar facing away from me.

"What's got you so down in the season of joy?" She hums, cocktail in hand, side glancing me and my choice of drink.

"Seems I'm being avoided by the my date." I grumble, swirling my drink, and letting out a heavy sigh.

"Maybe I could help, who is it?"

"Oh, well it's actually-!"

"[Y/n]! There you are! I see you've met the triple imposter." Tony had seemingly appeared before I could answer Natasha.

"Triple imposter?" I ask her, to which she just rolls her eyes, shaking her head slightly.

"Mind if I steal him for a bit? Thank you!" Tony drags me away from the woman before either of us could protest. She waves me off with a laugh as a blonde guy approaches her.

Once we're far enough away from the crowd, I yank my hand out of his.

"What the hell! You ask me here and then avoid me, and now that I'm talking to someone you decide you want me!?" I rage at the man, the alcohol obviously taking it's effect.

"I-I erm... Yeah, well you know that fling that we have, it kinda needs to stop." He states, putting his hands up as if confronting a bear, he glances around nervously at the crowds of people. Then looking back to my [E/c] eyes.

"That fling that we have is a six month relationship." I growl out, not liking how this is going or the pain that is starting to emanate in my chest.

"Yeah, well it needs to stop." He shamefully glances away again, and upon further inspection it become apparent that his eyes are searching for someone in the crowd.

"Why?" I snap. Eyes hard. Breath hitching.

And then I notice.

The one he's been looking for in the crowd, the one who he would value above me without question, the one who can so easily make him forget about all of our intimacy, our dates and purest moments.

Pepper Potts.

I gulp down the forming lump in my throat, force back the tears in my eyes. Shut off the feelings I feel until all that remains is the overbearing pain in my chest.

"Right. I get it." I choke out, moving around the man who holds my heart, turning my back on him.

"[Y/n], wait." I glance over my shoulder at him, his deep brown eyes holding guilt and pain. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. After all, I was just a rebound, right?" My voice cracking near the end of my rhetorical question, my eyes harden as I move to the door of the elevator, glancing one last time at the ashamed man as the doors slide closed.

And finally the tears fall.