Comfort | Pietro Maximoff

Requested by: sadlonelysoul1

Genre:

Warnings: mentions of experimentation / torture / anxiety and panic attacks

--

It was late one evening, or so you had guessed from your shared cell where you currently sat alone, waiting for your cell mate to return.

Hydra had a thing for thinking comfort equivalently meant a lack of progress from their experiments, so as [Y/n] lay awaiting his roomie, he couldn't help but try and stretch out his sore back, having been led uncomfortably on the worn bed since his training finished an hour ago.

The door slammed open and in a hurry Pietro was thrown in, it quickly slaming behind him. He was shaking and crying slightly, curling into himself as he cried in the corner of the room.

"Hey, hey, speedster what's wrong?" You quickly acted, getting up off the bed and going over to sit with him, pulling him between your legs as you held him. As he trembled you desperately attempted to calm him, your abilities aiding you in that you could control others emotions, provided that your own were decently stable. Although helping him to calm down could only go so far, as his whimpers of panic were all too worrying. "Was training really that bad?"

"It- it-" He tried to say, but hiccups interrupted him as he put a hand to his chest, muttering at how he couldn't breath. You sat up against the wall, pulling his back into your chest, your taller frame encasing him.

"Shhh, just focus on breathing, okay? Can you do that for me? In... and out." He nodded, beginning to follow the rhythm of your own breathing. "Good boy, just like that."

He slowly began to calm down, his breathing steadying and his crying coming to a stop. He proceeded to pull his legs over the top of one of your own, turning to cuddle into your chest.

"Getting comfortable there, shortie?"

He grumbles at the nickname, grabbing one of your hands and playing with your fingers.

"What happened doll?"

"It... wasn't training.. t-they put needles in me... [Y/n] it hurt so much! They wouldn't stop!" He started crying again, I hugged him close, using my power to stop him from having another panic attack.

"An experiment? Your first one?" He nodded to my questioning, I brought my hand up to his hair, running my fingers through it as I placed a kiss to his forehead. "Oh babes... I'm sorry you had to experience that..."

"It- it felt like fire in my v-veins..." He mumbled, with that I looked down at his arms, seeing an abundance of fresh cuts and scratches, probably from where he had been clawing at himself.

"I won't let them take you again." I place my head against his shoulder, pulling him closer. "I promise."

"I love you, [Y/n]." He mutters against my neck, causing me to smile at his adorable self. I lean back slightly, planting kisses all over his face, causing him to giggle.

"I love you too, shortcake... I promise, you're safe with me."

------

Ik it's short but I wanted to update,

Also I'm starting a new book, causenive been watching Stranger Things and I love Billy so be on the look out for that ❤