Drinking Buddies | Rocket Raccoon

Requested By: Me

Genre: ❤️🤍

Warnings: n/a

--

A lot had happened in the lifetime of the smallest member of the Guardians. Torture, grand escapes, friends, enemies. But never lovers. It wasn't a thing he did, or if he did do then it would always backfire some way.

But this time it seemed a little different. The guy sitting at the bar seemed different, like when he spoke to him, he spoke as if Rocket was just another person. It was the bare minimum, but it was something he was so frequently denied.

They had been talking for a few hours, drowning their sorrows in drinks, laughing occasionally at things that weren't at all funny to any other people.

"And then- and then one time- I woke up, in surgery!" The raccoon howled with laughter, nearly falling from his chair from his laughter, drink sloshing on the bar.

"Hahah I've done that before! It was a real shitty way to find out I'm non-reactive to anesthesia and pain meds." The human laughed, shaking his head at the memory with a smile. Oh how he had screamed.

Rocket laughed at that, taking another swig of his drink as he lent forward. "Sucks."

"Yeah, I was a pretty sick kid too." He sighed out, seeming a little forlorn now, he swirled his drink before downing the rest. He signalled to the bartender, calling for another round for the pair of them.

"Are you trying to get me drunk humie?" Rocket joked, his flirty tone definitely being fueled by the amount of alcohol he had consumed. Though he wouldn't deny that he had initially partaken in conversation with the [H/c] haired man because he had thought him quite handsome.

"I'm not trying anything." The vibe was matched, and it thoroughly shocked the smaller mammal of his pedestal. He normally didn't get such open reactions back, and it completely knocked him off his game.

"I- uh- umm-"

"Just take the shot, darling." He went back to sitting up straight, smiling to himself at the other's obvious fluster.

"You must have some sick fantasies if you're flirting with me." The raccoon sighed out, taking the shot and knocking it back.

"What! No!" The look of disapproval was harsh against his features. His alcohol driven mind was obviously a little more expressive than usual, and he quickly softened his face, not wanting to offend the smaller male. "I'm not like that, I don't 'hook up' with random people."

Rocket laughed at that, liking the way the other stumbled over himself. His ears twitched as he thought over what the other had said, and what his intentions could be. "So what? You're saying you like me or something?"

The human smiled to himself at that, noticing the distaste in the tone of Rocket. "Yeah, is that so hard to believe?"

"Kinda."

[Y/n] laughed at this, though he did not receive an amused look from his drinking partner. The fun effects of the alcohol had worn off by now, and the topics they were discussing seemed a little ridiculous to laugh at now. "Dude, I've been buying your drinks all night, and telling you things I haven't told anyone. So yeah, I kinda like you."

Rocket shifted in his seat. His mind fogged over, the entire situation wouldn't comprehend in his brain and he hated that. He could comprehend things out of this universe, and invent things no one had ever seen, so it definitely pussed him off when the idea of such a handsome man liking him stumped his brain like this.

"I- err- I have to go. My team's... waiting."

"Here." He looked back over to the male as he got out of his seat. He held a napkin out to his, though his other hand rested over his eyes, and it was obvious that his face was red behind his hand. His lack of reaction must of embarrassed the human, having thought they hit something off... which he supposed they actually did. "Just in case you change your mind, Rocket."

The raccoon nodded, taking the paper before turning away. He looked back once, seeing [Y/n] order at least four more shots, before turning and hurrying out of the bar.

authors note: Going to have a lot of Rocket fics, I love him, especially after vol.3

Also part 2?