Nowhere to Grow

Deep in the mountains, secret ninja academies
trains our future protectors.
Ancient scrolls told of three, who would be chosen above the others.
Three who will become...
Go!
Power Rangers Go
Ninja Storm!
Let's Go!
The call is on!
Their force is getting strong!
They'll have to brave the weather!
Ninja Storm! stand together!
The storm will grow!
Waters flow!
Power Ranger Ninjas Go!
Power Rangers Ninja Storm is growing (growing)
is growing (growing)
is GROWING! (GROWING!)
Go!
Power Rangers Go
Ninja Storm!
Let's Go!
With the speed of the wind!
Go!
And strength like thunder!
Go!
Power Rangers Go
Ninja Storm!
Let's Go!

In Ninja Ops
"Paige I know that this past journey has been incredibly hard for you physically and mentally I would like you to go on a meditation journey. You will need to go to a safe place away from here and I hope this will help you not only process the events with the thunder rangers but help you gain access to your ninja zord." "Yes Sensei but what about Lothor I can't just leave the team." "We will contact you if it is an emergency and the rangers are in need of your help. But this trip is needed if you are troubled and that can be seen through your animal spirit. The longer you go without processing this the harder it will be to calm your animal spirit." "Thank you Sensei." "And remember to take as long as you need to." "Of course." As she was about to leave she said goodbye to Cam before going to see the other rangers.
At Storm Chargers
"Hey Kelly I just wanted to let you know that I am going to be gone for a little bit." "Is everything alright Paige?" "Yeah I just need some personal time and to hang out with my dad." "Of course." "Just let me know when you are able to come back." Paige nodded in response as she saw her wind friends walking in "Guess I need to tell them too." Said Paige as she walked to her friends "hey guys I need to tell you something." "Sure Mana what's up?" "Sensei wants me to go on a meditation journey so I will be gone for a little while." "Why dude?" Said Dustin before receiving a slap from Tori " Paige it's okay we can take care of this while you are gone." Said Tori with a sad smile "don't worry sis everything will be under control." "Totally dude." Said Dustin "I don't know, maybe I should just stay around here." "No Mana you need to go on this journey." "Thank you guys." Says Paige hugging her friends before leaving the store to prepare for her journey.
That night
Dustin is recording Shane as he is doing some tricks on his skateboard and Dustin is trying to add some sound effects. "Can we go now please? I've got homework to do and Sensei is going to freak if he finds out we're out this late." Said Tori from the driver's seat of her van. "Come on Tori, just five more minutes. Come on dude I nearly landed it." "Not to mention what Cam's gonna say when he finds out you took his night vision camera after Paige just gave it an upgrade." "Yeah yeah keep going man it looks sick dude." but Dustin stopped recording Shane with an annoyed reaction "hey what are you doing?" "what I mean you know you don't want those Kelzaks there in your skate video. Shane turned around to see Kelzaks in the distance "Tori come on! Dustin!" said Shane as the three started running after the Kelzaks "This would be great for your video." said Dustin still holding the camera as he is running. The Kelzaks are seen digging in the ground before they drop some seeds into the hole they dug before covering it back up. "Perfect." said an alien watching the Kelzaks work. "Hey we heard there was a garden party." "Yeah we were kind of bummed we werent invited." "You mind if we crash?"  but the Kelzaks start to run away from the rangers "Ready?" "Ready!" Ninja Storm Ranger Form Ha! Power of Air! Power of Water! Power of Earth!" and the three wind rangers ninja streak around the Kelzaks fighting them. "Don't they know it's a school night." "I don't think they care." "Let's make this quick." said Shane right before a vine wrapped around his leg and started pulling him away from the fight. The alien from earlier pulled Shane to his feet "hey look what I got." "hey watch the suit bud." "It's florabundacus." said the alien "Nice name parents didn't like you much huh?" said Shane as he threw the vines off but every time he went to hit her she vanished and appeared somewhere else before the flower finally zapped him causing him to roll towards his friends. "Shane!" "Hey you okay?" said Tori helping Shane up "Hope you don't have allergies." said the flower before growling and throwing golden glitter on the rangers but once it hit them it caused an explosion. "Wow this flower is nothing to sneeze at." "Time to make like a plant and leave." said the flower turning around and vanishing into thin air. "There she goes. The seeds." say Shane as the wind rangers try to run after her but get interrupted. "Rangers, my father would like a word with you." "Ah busted."
At Ninja Ops Cam in looking on his laptop before the rangers come in
"Oh man I cant believe we got stalked by celery." said Dustin as he closes Cam's camera before handing it back to him. "Here's a thought: maybe you're not getting enough sleep." "I must see those seeds. We will discuss why you were out late on a school night another time." "I'd hate to be in your skate shoes." said Cam looking at Shane "Dude shouldn't you be cleaning
Some ancient scrolls or something." said Shane
"Since when has Lothor been into gardening?" Said Tori but no one answered her as Sensei Poked the seed with his staff causing it to release a smell. "Dude." Said Dustin with a disgusted look "Ah that was some serious stank man." "Smells like Dustin after ninja training." "Hey yeah it does too." Said Dustin with a smile on his face. "Hey Sensei, what are those?" "I'm not certain. I have an acquaintance, Dr. Belrab. He's an expert on exotic plants. In the morning you must visit him at his botanical laboratory." Said Sensei "Why don't I go? This may require someone who actually knows about botany." "Dude, just so you know, not a very good pickup line." Said Shane as everyone just rolled their eyes at him. "Shane come on."  "That's enough. All of you return home, you must be alert tomorrow. And Cam, be careful how you choose to get involved." "Dad, I can help." "And you always do." "No, I mean really help. I'm tired of sitting around doing nothing." "I have my reasons. I want you here." Cam sighs and walks back to his room.
With Paige
"Hey dad, Sensei had recommended that I go on a meditation journey to help find my ninja zord." Said Paige as she looked at her dad. "Well if you keep up with your studies we can go." "We?" "Of course baby girl I'm not going to let you go by yourself. So where are we going on this journey." "Well I thought that since it was a ranger issue I have to go somewhere important to ranger history." "You want to go to the old command center." Said Jason with his eyebrows raised. "Dad, you and the other rangers rebuilt it so you would all have a place for rangers to contact for help. It's the place with the most exposure to the Morphing grid I need to try." "All right sweetie pack your things we will leave in the morning." "Thank you dad. Love you." "Love you sweetheart."
In the morning at the botanical laboratory
Cam is talking to Dr. Belrab "Have you ever seen one of these before?" Questioned Cam as the Doctor looks at one of the seeds. "Ah yes it's called a sudima plant it's very..." and he stops talking to put on his glasses "Ah it's very rare from the same family as the Venus flytrap only with a slightly more aggressive nature." "How aggressive?" Asked Cam "well fully grown this plant will devour everything in its path." "I think we may have a problem." "Oh don't worry, they're harmless unless they're fertilized with a special nutrient bath. Mineral water with a kick so to speak." "Where do you get the special water?" "Well there's a volcanic spring to the north of here which produces a similar combination of minerals and phosphates." Said the Doctor "you're talking about Turner Springs." "Yes I've been experimenting with the waters on some of my plants here of course the trek is too dangerous for me to make often. I've got giant corn's to worry about." Said the Doctor as he started to walk away "Oh yeah thanks." Said Cam as he saw the giant corn behind the doctor. Cam is seen walking out of the laboratory as the three wind rangers are pulling up. "Hey was that?" Questioned Shane to his friends. "Dude, when was the last time you saw Cam leave Ninja Ops without Paige." Said Dustin. "Should we call Sensei and see what's going on."
"No no not yet. You two go and talk to the plant guy. I'll follow Cam and make sure he doesn't get into any trouble." Said Shane "All right."
Tori and Dustin are walking around in the laboratory when the see two people in lab coats "Excuse me, uh we're looking for Dr. Belram." "Yeah Dr. Belrab is a little tied up right now but we'd be happy to help." Said the man "I'm Professor Treelove and this is my assistant."  "Ms. Root, Flora Root." Said the girl shaking Tori and Dustin's hands. "You know my sister's vegetarian and she would freak if she saw this place. So would our friend Paige she would find it peaceful." "Hey what's this?" Asked Tori pointing to a plant behind the two "This is a blossom used for perfume. You want a smell?" Said Flora and Dustin started leaning in to smell the flower. "Hey wait a minute I know you two your.." Tori was interrupted by the flower releasing a gas that caused the two rangers to be knocked out. "Nighty night sleep tight don't let the evil space ninjas take over your world while you're too tired to fight." Said Marah "Don't talk okay just don't." Said Kapri "And Lothor told me you were hopeless, handle these sleeping beauty's while I attend to my children." Said the flower monster walking down to the basement of the laboratory to check on her babies "Yeah baby this is a beautiful spot to grow my botanical bombshells once those mop heads return with the rest of the potent potables. I'll fertilize all you little runts and then one by one we'll have ourselves some fun fun fun! You'll be sprouting like wicked little weeds for years they've been forgetting to water us blowing us, pulling us out of the ground by the roots now they'll see what it's like grow baby grow."
In the woods Cam is making his way towards the spring with Shane following him in the shadows. Cam sits on part of a tree and uses a bottle and string to gather water from the spring. "That should be enough." But suddenly Cam is surrounded by Kelzaks and jumps from the tree to a grassy area beside the spring causing some of the Kelzaks to fall into the water. Cam is fighting off the Kelzaks and succeeding in doing so. Shane is still watching from a tree as he climbs down like a spider he sees Cam fighting off the Kelzaks. Shane flips over a log and kicks some of the Kelzaks away from Cam before they stand back to back. "What are you doing here?" Said Cam "hey good question you first." Said Shane before the battle was back on. Shane and Cam were battling Kelzaks until Cam saw a Kelzak run off to gather water from the spring. "They're after the water we've got to stop them." Said Cam as he ran after the Kelzak with the water bottle and was able to stop him from gathering water. "What was all that? Where did you learn how to fight like that?" "Grew up in Ninja school and with Paige as my best friend you do the math." "Hey I'm just surprised didn't know you had it in you." Said Shane "There's a lot you don't know about me Shane." "Yeah and whose fault is that. You only hang out with us when Paige is around." "I gotta get the sample back." Said Cam as he started to walk away. "Hey yo what are you gonna tell your dad?" "Don't worry about my father, I'll handle him." Said Cam "Nobody handles Sensei you should know that better than anybody. Hey he just cares about you man he doesn't want you getting hurt." Said Shane to Cam as he was walking away. "Well as you can see he's got nothing to worry about."
Back at the laboratory Tori and Dustin are waking up to see they are tied up by some vines to a table. "Wake up." Said Tori as she elbowed Dustin "what's happening?" "Oh see now this is what happens when you play with your food." Said Dustin "I think I can get us out of here." Said Tori as she started to use her water powers with the sunshine to burn through the vines but she didn't aim very well cause she hit Dustin's wrist. "Ow ow ow hot hot cut it out." "Sorry, sorry, just a little adjustment." Said Tori with a laugh, readjust her focus and hitting the vine starting cause it to break apart.
In Ninja Ops
"You deliberately went against my wishes by going off on your own. I'm terribly disappointed in you Cam." Said Sensei "How did you know?"
"I'm a ninja master and your father not a good combination if you're trying to pull a fast one. Son I always knew this day would come, it is your blood." "I have nothing against Shane or Tori or Dustin and especially not Paige. They've come a long way but I know I could help and not just here but out there." Said Cam while behind them the two seeds have vines coming out from them and starting to drink the water from the spring. "As a power ranger perhaps." "Yes, as a power ranger. I don't see why.."
"Cam you could be the bravest ranger of them all."
"Then why didn't you choose me?"asked Cam.  "I am forbidden by a promise that was made many years ago." "A promise? To who?" "When your mother fell ill I swore to protect you from harm. She knew only too well that a ninja's life is one of constant danger." "You made that promise when I was a helpless child." "There is nothing more sacred than a promise made to a loved one." "Mother would want this for me; she would want me to fulfill my potential." Said Cam " Unfortunately we will never know I'm sorry." Said Sensei as Cam walked away disappointed but as he walked away the plants were seen growing more rapidly.
At the laboratory with Dustin and Tori has almost gotten the vines off of their wrist "Come on almost there." And the vines break releasing Tori and Dustin "About time." Said Dustin "I'll take that as a thanks." "You know what I meant. Okay let's get out of here Sensei needs to know about this freaky plan thing ASAP." Said Dustin as he and Tori crawl on their hands and knees before stopping when they hear a muffled noise causing them to turn around to check it out. They move a door and find Dr. Belrab tied upside down with vines. "Oh that must be Dr. Belrab." Said Dustin "You figured that out." Said Tori "Uh no actually it says it on his name tag." "Yeah, help me get him down." Says Tori as Dustin looks around trying to find something then he finds some hedge cutters "Not there." Said Tori as Dustin cut at the top of the vine causing Dr. Belrab to yell as he fell to the ground. "Dude I'm sorry." But the doctor didn't seem to have any injuries. "A terrible creature is growing that sudima plant in my basement." "Okay go get help." Said Dustin as he and Tori ran towards the basement but the doctor was still tied up and fell to the ground. Tori and Dustin were walking down the stairs in the basement "Oh dude it's that smell again." Said Dustin, " It's some sort of nursery." "Aw man, what would grow in that water it is gnarly." They were looking around before the flower monster showed up. "Greetings, those are my flower children so you might want to back off before I put my petals to your metal. Can you dig it?" As the two rangers were in a defensive position before vines started to appear. "Dustin!" "Whoa!" "Ninja Storm Ranger Form Ha!" And the vines started moving up Dustin's leg "Watch it. Get off me." Said Dustin as he tried to slash the vine off of him. "This just doesn't cut it." Says Tori as she tries to cut through the vine but both her and adustin are lifted off the ground. "Sprout my children, it's time to pollinate the whole population. Grow babies grow." Says the flower as the fliers grow so much that they break through the roof. "I can't reach my sword." Said Tori struggling against the vines as they dragged her and Dustin all over the place.
At Ninja Ops Cam and Sensei are watching the scene on the monitor. "Quickly Cam." Said Sensei, "Let me go, I can help them." "No, send Shane." Said Sensei as Cam Tyler on the keyboard "Cam for Shane. Cam for Shane." Said Adam as the seeds from earlier continued to grow. Shane is seen in Storm Chargers before hearing his morpher go off. "The others are in trouble." "On it." Said Shane as he ran to a dressing room and morphing. "Ninja Storm Ranger Form Ha!" And Shane ran up to his friends who where still tangled in the vines. "Guys!" "Woah Oh Hi Shane!" Said Tori "Anyday now." Said Dustin
"On it. Hawk Blaster!" Said Shane trying time to shoot through the vines to release his teammates. "What it didn't even make a dent." Before a vine came flying at him knocking him to his feet. "Cam I'm in trouble here." "Shane's down." Said Adam beforenhis father was grabbed by a vine himself. Cam tried to fight off the vines but they wouldn't stop "These are some vicious vines. Do we need to call Paige?" Said Cam questioned his father. "No, she is in the middle of meditation. It would not be wise to contact her now." Said Sensei as Cam sighed running to the computer. "It says here until Shane destroys the primary plant we won't be able to stop its offspring. Shane I've been working on some programs to increase the tensile strength of your ninja sword blades. Prepare to download!" Said Cam fighting off the vines and sending the program to Shane. "Got it. One chopped salad coming up. Ninja Sword Power Up!" Said Shane as he powered up his sword slicing through the vines like they were butter. Before he went for the biggest flower "She loves me, she loves me not, she loves me , she loves me not." As Shane slashed through the flower causing it to explode and Tori, Dustin, and Sensei to be released while all of the vines disappeared. "Good job Shane! Everyone okay there?" "Yeah Cam we're fine thanks to you." Said Shane before the flower monster reappeared "Why you. You destroyed my plant that bums me out." As the wind rangers got into defensive positions "Give it your best shot." And all of them ninja streak away while fighting the flower. Before the flower wraps some vines around Shane's waist "you really get wrapped up in your work don't you." As the flower threw Shane into Tori and Dustin. "I'm a flowera you will can't ignora." Says the flower as she sprays sparkle dust causing the rangers to disappear and only leave straw dummies in place with their uniforms on. "Huh whoa that was freaky." But Dustinand Tori come in on robes, slashing their sword at the flower. Shane comes in slashing at her as well "it's a ninja sword and a weed whacker all in one." Causing the Flower to fall to the ground. Let's put them together." Said Dustin combining their three weapons. "Storm Striker!" "Shoah what a night." "Fire!" Said Shane firing their weapons causing the flower to explode.
On Lothor's ship
"Oh well, another one bites the dust." Said Marah "Whose idea was the weed?" Questioned Lothor "His Sir." "Not me, him." Said Zurgane and Choobo blaming each other before Lothor yells in anger before sending the scroll of empowerment growing the flower monster. "Haha that's some fertilizer." "Whoa!" "Oh man I knew it. Cam we need the zords." "You got it." Said Cam sending the zords. "Let's go." And the rangers jump into their zords as they form the megazord. "This won't take long. Lightning Mode!" As the megazord is shifted into a slimmer version of itself. "You don't scare me." "Maybe this will, Ramp Attack!" And the megazord flies into the air as a ramp is formed in front of it and creates a circle around itself sliding down the ramp towards the flower which ran her over and tossed her through the air. "Power down to battle mode." And the Megazord returned to its original mode. "Let's whack this weed once and for all." "Right! Blizzard Flurry!" And the lion head on its shoulder sends a blizzard towards the flower causing it to be injured "I don't dig the big chill."
"Power Discs locked and dropped." "Right!" The three rangers form a power sphere to appear with the serpent sword. "One to the power of three." As two replicas of the megazord appear. " uh-oh." "Serpent Sword Triple Strike!" And each of the megazord take a slash at the flower causing her to explode before it returns into one Megazord. All three rangers celebrate their victory before jumping out of the megazord "I can see my house from here." "Yeah." "All right!"
Back at Ninja Ops
"Come on Sensei." "We never would have found those seeds if we hadn't been out late."
"I have taken that into consideration nonetheless breaking rules cannot go unnoticed. Everyone ten mile jog please." "What?" said all three wind rangers "It's cold out." complained Tori as they walked out of Ninja Ops starting their punishment. But before they left everyone in the room felt a flash of gold go over their bodies. "Wow, that was freaky dude." Said Dustin staring at his hands. "Sensei what was that?" Said Shane "Does it have something to do with Paige's meditation journey?" "Yes I believe that flash of gold means that Paige has made progress on her journey. Now go start that jog." Said Sensei causing the three wind rangers to groan and start to make their way outside. "I said everyone." said Sensei, looking at his son. "Me? What did I do?" "Besides sneaking out, fighting Kelzaks, and disobeying my direct orders." "How old does someone have to be to do whatever they want?" "No one has ever lived that long Cam. Now go. When you return we will discuss your future training." "Training? But what about your promise?" "There are other ways besides that of the ninjas.
Paige and I will help you with your training" Cam smiled before going to join the rangers on their ten mile jog.
Paige was in her meditation surrounded by a golden light with her eye being a solid gold color.

Note: the next chapter will cover what has happened to Paige on her journey.