Chapter 2

Steve had somehow found himself finishing up babysitting Dustin Henderson, Lucas Sinclair, some red-haired girl who's related to Billy Hargrove and his now confirmed ex-girlfriend's brother. He was severely concussed. But somehow none of what happened with this shadow-looking monster or the demo dogs as Dustin called them or the fact that Billy had found him and beat him to his almost death was on his mind. No, because why would it not when he was finally on his way home after dropping off the brats at their houses and finally on his way home after whatever the hell just went down. No, he was thinking about a certain someone with the biggest brown doe eyes ever. The worst part is he can't even drink himself to death because the painkillers he's in aren't allowed to be mixed with alcohol.

But that's not all because how could Steve catch a break. His parents are home, of all times they chose now when Steve looks like crap. His parents sucked but he hated his dad. His mom was okay but his dad made Steve want to use his nail bat on him every time he laid eyes on him.

He got out of his car and braced himself for hell as he stepped inside.
"Steven where the hell have you been" his father shouts
"Not now" Steve mumbles and he tries to pass his dad to go upstairs and sleep himself to death.
"Not now? this is my house and I am your father so where have you been and what happened to your face" Mr. Harrington shouts he didn't have an 'inside' voice

" No 'hey son sorry we've been gone for months leaving alone' 'oh my gosh Steve what happened to your face are you okay'" Steve says what his parents should've and rolls his eyes.
His father's hand met with Steve's already messed up face. But the painkillers helped him not feel it. He just turned around and left.

Steve drove to the only place his brain thought out of. The place he and Eddie smoked. He just needed to be alone to cool off. He didn't need Eddie to be there with his stupid hair in a stupid bun. Steve just got out of the car and played it cool.

"Jesus h. Christ what the hell happened to you" Eddie asks in pure horror reaching out for Steve's face.
"Ouch Munson" is all Steve mumbles
"You okay?" he asks and Steve breaks down. Full-on hyperventilating on the ground and tears rolling down his cheeks.
"Hey it's okay breath it's okay," Eddie says
"Match my breathing in and out," Eddie says, taking Steve's hand and placing it on his chest so Steve could feel it.

When Steve was breathing properly Eddie breaks the silence.
"You don't have to tell me you can tell me to go to hell but can you tell me what happened?" Eddie asks
"where do I start Nancy and I are done but do I even care no not really" Steve begins
"I'm a babysitter for some stupid middle schools but I would die for them not that they need to know that"
"My parents are back and I hate my dad"
"Billy almost killed me and am severely concussed" Steve rants and Eddie just listens
"That a lot so Billy or your dad," Eddie asks pointing to his face
"Billy mostly but my dad didn't help the healing" Steve jokes and Eddie gives a pity smile.
"Get in your car and follow behind me," Eddie says and Steve does just that.

The drive was short. Eddie parked his car at his trailer and got out. Steve followed and met Eddie at the porch stairs.
"This is casa Munson," Eddie says with a dramatic wave of his arm.
"You can stay the night to be away from your life problems," Eddie says
"Mun- Eddie I can't I'm not sure I should be sleeping right now or driving," Steve says trying to remember what the doctor said
"Then we'll stay up and I'll make sure you don't die and tomorrow you can go back to hating me and leaving me abandoned at my smoke spot," Eddie says with a laugh
"Sorry about that man," Steve says, stepping inside the trailer.
"I mean it's no Harrington castle but I hope it works," Eddie says trying to pick up trash
" No I like it, my place always feels empty," Steve says and it was no lie Eddie's place was homey with the hats and mugs filling the walls. It was nice. His house was always perfect to perfect like no one lived there.
"You live here alone?" Steve asks
"Nah me and my uncle I got my own daddy issues" Eddie jokes and it makes Steve feel more understood.
"You've seen a doctor right," Eddie asks
"Yeah they said take these pills and don't sleep for a while," Steve says, shaking the bottle he was given. Eddie takes it from him to read the bottle
"Oh, good stuff" Eddie jokes. Both boys take a spot on the couch.
"It's doing the job," Steve says his eyes are heavy, and starts leaning into Eddie's shoulder
"Steve I know you want to sleep but you gotta stay awake" Eddie nudges him
"Just let me rest my eyes," he says all sleepy
"Let's play a game to stay awake" Eddie suggests
"What's your favorite color?" Eddie asks
"Baby blue" Steve answers
"I thought it would be red mine is purple or black," Eddie says
"Blacks not a color" Steve states
"I know that's why I said purple, these kids you babysit what's their names," Eddie asks this question will hopefully wake him up.
"Dustin was the first one. He's great. I gave him advice for a girl, then Lucas and Max. I think Max and Lucas like each other but Dustin likes Max and Mike Wheeler Nancy's annoying brother" Steve says he was trying to focus
"They sound great but how did this come to be" Eddie was genuinely curious
"Sorry Munson if I told you I'd have to kill you" Steve joked somewhat. Eddie looked down at Steve who was laying on him. If Eddie's uncle walked in he would probably think Eddie finally found a boyfriend.
"Stevie, you'd kill this pretty face?" Eddie asks and the nickname rolls right off his tongue
"Stevie?" Steve questions
"Oh do you not-"Eddie gets all flustered
"Eddie it's fine" Steve laughs at how flustered he got.

The two were acting like friends. Well, that's how Steve is trying to see it but from the outside, they looked like lovers.