Chapter 3

Eddie and Steve talked all night. They sat on Eddie's couch with Steve laying on him and just talked. To Steve's surprise, he wanted to talk to the other boy. He wanted to tell him everything. Maybe it was the drugs talking Steve had no idea, the only thing he knew is that at this moment with Eddie he didn't need to be king Steve he was just Steve. The Steve that he wants to be.

"I have a great idea," Eddie says standing up and Steve almost falls off the couch
"Give a guy a warning," Steve says
"Don't lay on my lap next time" Eddie jokes
"Anyways follow me," Eddie says, taking Steve's hand. They were holding hands no doubt about it. Eddie pulled Steve outside his house and started to climb his van. He got up on top of the trailer and gestured for Steve to do the same.
"What are we doing up here," Steve asks
"Just lay down and look up" Eddie commands and Steve does.

The sun began to rise and as it does Eddie inches his hand closer to Steve's. Their pinkies touching almost interlocking. Eddie grabbed Steve's hand. He looked over at the boy to see if it was okay but Steve didn't look in his eyes.
"Steve" Eddie whispers. Steve started choking on the words he wanted to say so much but nothing came out. His eyes filled with tears and he instantly shot up.
"I- I have to go" Steve whispers, avoiding eye contact.
"Are you okay?" Eddie asks his eyes dart to their hands which were still intertwined then back to his eyes.
"I can't-" Steve can't form any proper sentences. He wanted to let go of Eddie's hand but he couldn't.
"Did I- oh" Eddie tries to ask if he did something wrong but he looks at their hands and lets go of Steve's.

As Eddie was going to get up and get off of his roof Steve takes his hand and pulls him back down.
"Don't go" Steve whispers
"I won't" Eddie whispers back
"I'm going to sound crazy but you feel safe" Steve admits
"Really," Eddie asks genuinely curious
"I feel like I can trust you," Steve says
"You hardly know me Stevie" Eddie points out.
"I know I wish I talked to you more at school," Steve says
"The king and the freak friends, not possible" Eddie jokes
"I'm trying to change," Steve says
"You have changed," Eddie tells him
"No I haven't because if I had I wouldn't be so scared someone would see me here" Steve admits
"Does that make me a terrible person?" Steve asks
"No a terrible person would push me off my roof," Eddie says
"Change takes time," Eddie tells Steve
"Thanks for letting me stay Eds," Steve says trying out a new nickname
"If you ever need a place to crash or a person to talk to with no questions I'm always here," Eddie tells him. If either boy moved an inch they'd be kissing. But Steve got up and got off the trailer's roof and onto his car.

Eddie watched as he drove off. He could only think about how Steve's hands felt in his and how he was able to feel Steve's breath on his lips as he talked.

Steve walked into his home. His dad was probably at work and his mom was in the kitchen.
"Steven, where have you been?" his mother asks with concern
"At a friend's," Steve says coldly
"Who did this to you we will go to the cops and get him arrested" his mother kept talking but was so tired he was pretty sure he could sleep now.
"I took care of everything already mom I've been to the doctor just stop," Steve says and he walks past her.

Steve lays in bed and closes his eyes. His mind kept going back to a certain metal head. How his hands felt and how soft his lips looked. The concern in his eyes when he saw Steve. How he looked like he gave a shit when he saw Steve even though Steve had never been nice to him. Eddie was like a drug to Steve. Steve remembers throughout high school checking out Eddie. He was always very outgoing and loud and pretty and Steve wished that Eddie looked in his direction with admiration but he never did it was always with hatred. So yeah the butterflies Eddie gave Steve were always there Steve just pushed them down with all his other sinful thoughts and emotions.

Holy shit Steve likes Eddie Munson a lot.