Chapter 13

It is New Year's Eve and Steve is at a party with a girl he can't remember the name of. Ashley? He's not sure. The only thing Steve knows is that he is missing Eddie. All he can think about is he should be with Eddie on this day. Tomorrow would have been their one-year anniversary but Steve threw it all away for what, because he couldn't just not tell Eddie something, how pathetic now Steve is going from girl to girl.

When he told Robin he broke up with his boyfriend it took a month. He claimed it was because he wanted someone to settle down with but that was a lie and now he's going from girl to girl for a distraction, but he tells people it's because he's trying to find 'the one' how stupid does that sound especially when he threw away the love of his life. 

Ever since they've broken u Steve has seen Eddie everywhere. He once went up to a girl he thought was Eddie because she had dark brown curly hair. He got a date out of it and that's how he started to go on dates with all of Hawkins.

Steve hates how he is now. He hates how he will go on a date with any girl because he needs a distraction and because he's lonely. He doesn't even know where his date is now. Probably with another guy, he hasn't been the best date. He almost called her Eddie by accident.

"Steve where have you been? I've been looking for you" His dates slurs.
"Ashley you should stop drinking," Steve tells her. He sees her face drop
"My name is Rebecca" She yells and Steve rolls his eyes.
"Yeah of course I know that" Steve tries to play it off but Rebecca storms off.
"Great" Steve mumbles to himself.

Steve walks over to the kitchen to get a drink. He pours one and chugs it. He likes the feeling of the alcohol on his throat.

Drink after drink Steve starts to not be able to see straight. He isn't walking straight and should probably go home, but he drove here. He walks around the house trying to find the door but not seeing properly isn't helping. As he wanders around the house he walks right into someone's chest.
"Sorry" He slurs
"Oh Steve" The person whispers. The voice is familiar, it reminds him of home.
"You drove here?" They ask
"Yup" He replies and pops the 'P'
"Okay, let's get you home then," The person says and they take his hand and lead him outside.

The cool air hits Steve's face. He likes the feeling. Steve opens up his arms and lets the cold air take him.
"Get in the car Steve," The man tells him. Steve can now tell it's a man without the extra noise and the cold air sobering him up a bit.
"Aye-aye captain" Steve laughs and gets in the vehicle. 
"Whoa Stevie you're wasted" he points out and helps steve get buckled.
"Stevie..." Steve repeats the smile dropping from his face and tears filling his eyes
"Are your parents home?" He asks.
"Nope I haven't seen them since before I broke up with Eddie," He  says without thinking
"Oh Eddie I should call him to make sure he's okay" Steve rambles
"He's doing fine," his new friend tells him
"You kinda look like him" Steve slurs 

The car ride is silent after that. The car pulls up to Eddie's trailer.
"What are we doing here?" Steve asks
"Come on Steve we may not be together anymore but I still care so..." Eddie says and he leads Steve inside his house.
"You live in Eddie's trailer?" Steve asks
"Just lay down and I'll get you some water," Eddie tells him.
"On your side, I don't need you choking on your own vomit" Eddie yells from the kitchen.

Steve does as he's told and lays on his side on the Munson's couch. Eddie comes back not long after with water, not that Steve knows it's him.
"Guess New Years isn't meant for us" Eddie jokes Steev hums in response and his eyes start to close. Eddie does the same. Eddie's head is resting on Steve's shoulder. It looks like they never broke up. But they are and in the morning Steve isn't going to remember any of this and Eddie will.

When Steve wakes up He's in his room. He remembers nothing from the night prior. HE walks downstairs and looks outside his window, he doesn't see his car.
"Maybe I walked here?" He asks himself.
"I left Ashley at the party" Steve reminds himself. Not that he really cares.

Steve goings on with the day like any other day. Like every day Steve ignores the very loud voice in his head telling him to run to Eddie and tell him everything. But for some reason today it is extra loud.