Chapter 11

Steve is standing alone. Today has been one of the hardest days of his life. From the Russians and telling Robin he has a boyfriend and Billy dying. He just wants to curl up in a ball and cry. All the kids have their parents. They're holding them and crying. Steve has no one. All he's got is a stupid blanket a paramedic gave him because he should be in shock or whatever. His face hurts more than ever now because the adrenaline has worn off and so did the drugs. He feels like shit for telling the Russians about Dustin, he probably won't be able to sleep for a while because of it.

Steve needs his boyfriend. He knows it's stupid but Nancy has her's and Mike has El. He needs someone and he really wants that someone to be Eddie. But if Eddie does show up for some magical reason he would have to lie and say he's fine and he has no idea what happened but he's okay. He hates lying about everything that has happened in his life. He hates lying to Eddie. Lying to Eddie made him physically sick. Once he heard a dog bark and he started to freak out thinking it was a demo-dog, when Eddie asked what was wrong he lied and said it was nothing. He wanted to throw up.

He doesn't have his car keys so he can't go home and the cops are making them stay so they can complete the cover story. How do you tell your boyfriend you got your face all messed up in what did the cops say, a mall fire?

Steve looks around the parking lot everyone is standing in and sees a familiar van drive by. Not just any van, but Eddie Munson's van. Steve runs over to the van. Nobody seems to notice.

"Jesus Christ Steve you gave me a heart attack I saw what was happening on the news and I remembered you're working and I thought I lost you" Eddie has never sounded so scared

"It's okay I'm okay everything okay" Steve reassures Eddie. Steve wraps his arms around his boyfriend.

"Let me take you home" Eddie whispers into Steve's ear.

"Okay" Steve whispers back.

The whole drive to Eddies it was almost like Steve was comforting Eddie. Making sure he knows that Steve is okay and everything is fine.

"What happened to your face, Stevie?" Eddie asks. The question Steve has been dreading.

"It doesn't matter," Steve tells him

"Did someone do that?" Eddie keeps pushing

"Can we please just sleep?" Steve pleads. He feels sick and hates this feeling.

"Steve you can't, you have a concussion" Eddie reminds him.

"Then can we not talk about it please I can't-" Steve is crying he doesn't very maybe over his dad or being queer but he doesn't cry over all the shit he's been through with monsters.

"What happened what aren't you telling me" Eddie won't stop

"It doesn't matter, I just need you to hold me," Steve tells Eddie.

"Okay but I'm here to talk if you need" Eddie reminds his boyfriend.

They sat in silence. Steve is in Eddie's arms. He knows Eddie wants to ask, he can feel it.

"Steve-" Eddie gets cut off

"Eddie stop what happened to no questions asked" Steve quotes Eddie to himself back from when Steve ran into after the fight with his dad and Billy

"That was before I had to care I'm your boyfriend I need to be there," Eddie tells him

"So you didn't care before," Steve asks

"What no I've always cared I just never had to show it Steve what is going on with you your jumpy and your being-" Eddie is cut off once again

"I'm being what cautious am I not allowed to keep things to myself do you have to know every little detail of my life" Steve raises his voice

"No Steve please something is wrong and you're hurting so please just tell me" Eddie pleads

"I'm going home," Steve says. He gets off Eddie's bed and walks out.

"Steve, you don't have your car, let me drive you," Eddie says. Steve doesn't answer he just walks out of the trailer and walks home