Chapter 7

School was back and Steve and Eddie went back to ignoring each other in the halls. Steve hated it. He hated pretending he and Eddie weren't so in love but people suck so at lunch they would meet under the bleachers and talk there or if a bathroom was empty they would make out in it. Hard to walk past each other in the halls and pretend you didn't just make out or cuddle and have a heartfelt conversation the night prior.

Steve could talk to Eddie, he wasn't friends with Tommy H anymore not really he was around sometimes but he made Steve's blood boil. He wanted to spend every single moment of his life with Eddie. It was Eddie's idea to not hang out at school. Maybe because he doesn't want his friends to know he was with Steve because he is a guy or because he's embarrassed by him. Steve knows he's not the most impressive guy, he's not smart, the only thing he's got going for him is that his parents are rich and his hair is great. But so did Eddie so what did he really have to make Eddie proudly say Steve Harrington is his boyfriend. Maybe Steve was just being insecure. The real reason Eddie said they shouldn't hang out was that he didn't want Steve to be called slurs and names.

The day took forever Steve just wanted to drive to Eddies and curl up with him and do nothing. Steve just had to wait five more minutes before he could run out of the hell hole called school and stop pretending he is king Steve. Steve can tell Eddie everything. He told him about everything about his life stuff he's never told anyone not even Nancy. Eddie told him stuff too, it wasn't a one-way street. They both talked about everything, it was nice to have someone to lean on someone who actually cares and actually wants to be there and care for you.

As soon as the bell rang everyone practically ran out of the school. Steve rushed out to his car. He waited for Eddie's van to leave before he followed. The stupid things they did to not get caught.

The drive wasn't long not really but for Steve, it felt like a lifetime. Yes, it was stupid Steve was addicted to his boyfriend. Steve practically jumped out of his car once he parked it. Eddie was waiting outside for his boyfriend.

"Stevie" Eddie greets and wraps his arms around Steve.

"Never leave me alone" Steve whines and buries his face in his boyfriend's neck

"My love, it's only been a couple of hours," his boyfriend whispers into his ear.

"Yeah and it's been too long" Steve tightens his grip on Eddie.

The boys finally go inside the trailer and go to Eddie's room. They just lay on Eddie's bed. Steve's head is on his boyfriend's chest. Eddie's hand was playing with Steve's hair.

"Babe everything okay?" Eddie asks, he knew when Steve was upset. Steve didn't have to tell him he just knew by the little things he did. Steve didn't know how he knew but he appreciated it, sometimes he was annoyed by it.

"How do you do it?" Steve asks as he rolls over to look at his boyfriend

"Do what?" Eddie is confused

"Always know when something is wrong" Steve clarifies

"Maybe it's just my boyfriend senses" Eddie jokes

"Come one tell me how you know" Steve whines

"I don't know you just have this thing about you that tells me you're upset" Eddie tries to explain.

"Well if you must know I just missed you today that's all and sometimes I think your band hates me because you never spend time with them anymore" Steve confesses

"Okay, Steve first I always miss you, and secondly if my bandmates hate anyone it's me, not you, they don't even know we hang out besides if they knew we are together they would flip because how could a freak like me date someone like you," Eddie tells Steve.

"Why don't you tell them?" Steve asks

"Because Steve people like us can't trust many people you know and not that I think they would say anything but what if I did tell them and something slips one day and then we both get harassed and I'm used to it but you Steve you don't deserve it" Eddie explains.

"I love you so much," Steve says and grabs Eddie's face, and pulls him in for a kiss.

"I know" Eddie teases

"You're the biggest jerk ever," Steve says and Eddie kisses the top of his head.

They just lay in Eddie's bed for the rest of the night. Just the two of them.

"Eddie we have to go back," Steve says through his giggles

"We can skip," Eddie says and goes back to kissing Steve

"You can miss any more classes, my love," Steve says as he pulls away from Eddie.

"Why are you so responsible" Eddie mumbles

"Because I love you and I don't want you to fail," Steve tells his boyfriend.

"Fine," Eddie says and gives Steve one last kiss before he walks back into the school. Steve waits a minute before following him.

Being in a relationship in high school was hard, to begin with, but when you're in a queer relationship some days you wanted to curl up with your partner and just die. Steve would never trade Eddie for any girl so he can have an easy life. He told Eddie this a million times over but it was still