Chapter 14

Steve has seen a lot of stuff, mostly stuff he legally can't talk about but he's seen it. But his ex-boyfriend showing up at his door screaming about a girl floating has never been something on that list till this moment. Steve is sitting on his couch as Eddie paces back and forth, trying to form words and sentences that make sense.

"Eddie slow down and start from the beginning," Steve tells his ex-boyfriend. His eyes flowing Eddies every move"What's the point I sound crazy," Eddie says "I promise I won't say anything" Steve tries to calm Eddie down "Okay I was being Chrissy over because she wanted something stronger then she started to float and her eyes... her eyes man I- I don't know" Eddie's voice breaks and cracks. Steve stands at a distance. He's not sure if Eddie would want him to touch him. He wants to get closer but he doesn't.

"Hey it's okay" Steve tries to keep Eddie calm."What do I do?" Eddie asks "You should go to Ricks" Steve suggests "He's in jail" Eddie reminds him "You should lay low for a while," Steve tells him "Good idea" Eddie mumbles

Did Steve love the fact that Eddie came to him for help? Yes of course he's human. Did he know what to do about another possible upside-down problem? No. "Go to Rick's and I'll come to see you soon to let you know what's going on," Steve tells his ex-boyfriend. "Yeah okay..." Eddie mumbles "Hey, Steve thanks for you know... being here for me," Eddie says as he looks into Steve's eyes. A smile creeps onto Steve's face "I'll always be there for you," Steve tells him."But you don't have to be" Eddie reminds him"But I want to," Steve says.

Steve wants to say so many things at this moment, but he can't it would be wrong. Steve stands up and walks up to Eddie. The other male gives him a look and Steve wraps his arms around Eddie. He can feel Eddie melt into the hug and his shirt being dampened by his tears. "It's going to be okay" Steve whispers into his ex-boyfriend's ear. Eddie lets out a sob and Steve hugs him tighter "It's okay" Steve repeats.

Eddie drives off to Rick's place to hide. Steve watches his van drive away. He wanted to tell Eddie so many things. Steve wants to tell him how he is still in love with him, he wants to tell him he only broke up with him to keep him safe, and how he wants to be together again. Steve didn't though because that's not what Eddie needs, Eddie needs a friend, not Steve making things confusing, well even more confusing, Steve doesn't know what to do. He should call someone and tell them what Eddie told him but he can't he can't put Eddie in danger.